DAZ studio backing up and re-install older version

Hi, hope this is the correct sub-forum.

I know this is not an uncommon question here, but I want to stick with DAZ 4.10 due to my current PC limitations. I have looked at this thread and backed up the two files mentioned.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/354816/daz-4-10-keep-copy

In my case that is IM00013176-02_DAZStudio410Win64bit and it's matching .dsx file.

I am getting a slightly better PC, but as it's still limited to Gfx 12gb Nvidia and 16gb system RAM, I want to be able to install DAZ 4.10 Again. So what do I have to do with those 2 files to re-install fom them.

Thanks in advance

Roland

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,386
    edited June 2023

In order to reinstall those files:

Install DIM on the new PC.

Copy your backup files into the "downloads" folder of DIM on your new PC.

Open DIM but DO NOT LOG IN, select "Work offline" when you start it. The files you put into "donwloads" folder should appear as "ready to install".

Post edited by Leana on
  • Thanks so much will do as you've advised.

• Well I was a doofus and didn't know 4.22 was dropping when it did, I have an offline installer for im00013176-02_dazstudio421 but I didn't pull down the latest and greatest installer for im00013176-05_dazstudio421 before 422 was posted, I normally never adopt a first release of software (no offense), I do it IRL as well.. but I also have a lab machine that I tweak and experiment with that I don't pay any attention to whether it screwes up my personal layouts etc becasue its only for science ;)   so I have a quick routine to format reinstall and boom basics back up and running.. Except previously I just fired up Central and let it do its thing.. now I don't have that liberty. I remeber there "used" to be a repository that I could grab earlier versions but can't for the life of me find it.. would any kind soul happen to have that link so I could get the most up to date ver before the leap to 4.22?? Thank you in advance. 

• There are no older versions available, I think that has been true for all of DS 3 and DS 4 and probably longer than that. But is 4.22 actually causing any issues? Most of the serious problems have actually been content bugs.

• Really? older versions used to be available.. pretty sure the original link I had was from one of your posts.. well I can work with what I have. just a bummer that I don't have the most recent update for the previous version. 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,386

triplexcherry said:

Really? older versions used to be available.. 

I'm pretty sure none of the older versions have been available for general download once the new version was released in the past years.

Daz support does sometimes provide older versions for specific cases though.

• oops ignore my earlier request, looks like I did have a copy.. sorry sorry, but thank you for the super fast response. and nothing against 4.22, (though I do read community posts and youtube comments etc.) just waiting for the dust to settle. I never install  a FCS release, always wait for a few patches in before making a jump.