OK - back to the program after some long years

Sorry for the bother - where the heck is the DSON for poser download at?  Thought to bring up the program and the majority of files are all DAZ 3d.... 

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,021
    edited June 2023

Which Poser version? The latest has a new Python version which will not use the DSON Importer, which is probaly why it has been removed from the store. If you had previously purchased, and are using an older version of Poser, the files are available from https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_14897 (read the small print under the Daz Studio assertion for downloads, everything says thast even if - as here - it is a Poser file) or through Install Manager (as long as you tell it where your Poser instalaltion is in the Advanced Settings via the gear icon and tell it to show Poser files in Download Filters).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • FleagleFleagle Posts: 3

Tango Mike!  Using (reviving) Poser 12.  Hard drive crashes are anything but helpful, trying to restore the program from a back up drive.  The "tech" is way off my scope so "amature" is a kind word.  Thanks again!

• I am not certain, but I believe Poser 12 was the first with the updated Python engine - so it will not use the DSON Importer. Poser 11 is good, as I recall.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,047

Richard Haseltine said:

I am not certain, but I believe Poser 12 was the first with the updated Python engine - so it will not use the DSON Importer. Poser 11 is good, as I recall.

Yes, Poser 12 uses python 3, so DSON importer plugin does not work with it.

• Thank you - I got it wrong last time, so being careful this time.

• MartirillaMartirilla Posts: 173
    edited June 2023

Yes, you'll need Poser 11 (still sold, with NeoWin currently offering the best price at $80) for the DSON plugin. It won't work in Poser 12 or 13, as version 12 moved from Python 2 to Python 3. Nor can you effectively DSON into Poser 11, save the file, and then open it in Poser 12 - that's kind-of-fine if you don't want to move anything... but you get a weird doubling and tearing when anything moves. Better to just morph / cloth / pose and then take it out from Daz Studio in a static form (.OBJ etc).

If you can get it the plugin easily brings Genesis 1 and 2 into Poser, and in a way where the clothed and morphed figures can still be re-posed. Especially useful for G1 'monster people' made with many excellent morphs created for that purpose. However, the DSON plugin is now currently completely unavailable, unless you have - as Richard usefully notes - it stashed deep down in your Store purchases library. The last stash was a GitHub repository with the installers, but now that's gone.

Post edited by Martirilla on