How do I convert Gen 3 hair to Gen 8?

RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,282

How do I convert Gen 3 hair to Gen 8?

I have a short style hair product that was made for Genesis 3

I can auto fit the hair to Genesis 8 and it fits well but when I try and convert it with RSSY converter to Genesis 8 hair it will not even let me force convert it.

While the hair is on Genesis 8, can I save the hair, so it is then Genesis 8 hair?

So then I might be ablet to convert it to Genesis 9 with RSSY converter?

Genesis 8 to 9 RSSY converter won't even acknowledge that the Genesis 3 hair is in the folder.

Post edited by RexRed on

Comments

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,378

You can change the compatibility of G3 stuff so that it adds G8 compitability and won't trigger autofit.  Generic G3 figures are the same size and shape as G8.  

select Gen 3 hair product (i do this in smart content but you can do this in the library

1. Select Gen 3 hair product
    2. right-click to get contextual menu
    3. edit metadata
    4. select Assets tab
    5. select hair in Assets; it is a wearable 
    6. in bottom tabs, click on Compatibilities 
    7. right-click on product name
    8. add compatibilities to selected product
    9. select the figures you want to add such Genesis 8 female and Genesis 8 male (you will have to repeat this step for each figure since you can only do one at a time)
    10. click accept after adding each compatibility.
    11. close the window and apply to Gen 8 figure

Let me know if you need pictures, it is pretty easy to do though.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,181
    edited June 2023

Rex, You may refer to Sickleyield tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJk3LLfWq7Y&t=363s (Change Preferred Base in Scene Id... + Transfer Rigging) to avoid auto-fit and reserve hair's rig. After fitting, save a Figure Asset plus a Wearable Preset, then it'll be a G8 version hair.

Next, try to use RSSY Hair Converter G8 to G9 to see if you can make it work... I don't have that converter by now.

PS: Pls define a correct Content Type when saving Figure Asset ( as Follower/Hair ) as I remember that RiverSoft's Hair converter script will check if the Content Type is a hair...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,282

crosswind said:

Rex, You may refer to Sickleyield tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJk3LLfWq7Y&t=363s (Change Preferred Base in Scene Id... + Transfer Rigging) to avoid auto-fit and reserve hair's rig. After fitting, save a Figure Asset plus a Wearable Preset, then it'll be a G8 version hair.

Next, try to use RSSY Hair Converter G8 to G9 to see if you can make it work... I don't have that converter by now.

PS: Pls define a correct Content Type when saving Figure Asset ( as Follower/Hair ) as I remember that RiverSoft's Hair converter script will check if the Content Type is a hair...

Crosswind this video is very helpful and kudos to Sickleyeild for this awesome tutorial! 

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,282

nemesis10 said:

You can change the compatibility of G3 stuff so that it adds G8 compitability and won't trigger autofit.  Generic G3 figures are the same size and shape as G8.  

select Gen 3 hair product (i do this in smart content but you can do this in the library

1. Select Gen 3 hair product
    2. right-click to get contextual menu
    3. edit metadata
    4. select Assets tab
    5. select hair in Assets; it is a wearable 
    6. in bottom tabs, click on Compatibilities 
    7. right-click on product name
    8. add compatibilities to selected product
    9. select the figures you want to add such Genesis 8 female and Genesis 8 male (you will have to repeat this step for each figure since you can only do one at a time)
    10. click accept after adding each compatibility.
    11. close the window and apply to Gen 8 figure

Let me know if you need pictures, it is pretty easy to do though.

Nemesis awesome awesome awesome! Thanks for all the help Daz peeps! 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

To get G3 hair to work on G8, just select the hair and then change the scene identifier to G8 (click the 4 little lines in the upper, right of the scene panel), fit it to G8 and then save as a support asset - figure/prop asset