BLENDER TO DAZ...

Hi everybody,

Maybe this question has been already treated in the past, if so just send me there !!^^

I've bought a very nice character that I've been looking for for a long time ( from chainsaw man ).
The only problem is that it's been made on blender ( already rigged and all )
What bould be the best way to do thing if I want to convert it to Daz3d format in order to work on it on daz studio as I would do with any other characters ?
I'm absolutly not good at Blender ( started to work on that though...), so I'm a bit on a stand by here...
I know that there's a Daz to Blender bridge but does it work both ways ? Is it what I really need ( before getting it and installing it )
Any advice, comment, link on a simple " how to " would be much much much appreciated !

In advance, a big thank you.

Cheers !

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

There is no 'simple" how to. The only way to get it into Daz Studio is to import as an OBJ, which means it will have no rigging and in order to pose it in Daz Studio, you will have to re-rig it from scratch since blender and DS use two different types of rigging. It will also be a stand alone chartacter which means it won't be able to use any Genesis assets like hair or clothing. The bridge AFAIK only goes from DS to Blender and not the other way around.

• CykloneCyklone Posts: 120

OK I get it...Thank you for your answer.
    Would it be then more interresting to import it as morph with morph loader pro and use it, for exemple, on G8F ?

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

The problem  with that is the vertices have to match and since this is a blender character and not a genesis one, I highly doubt the vertices match. Morphs are based off of the geometry of the genesis figure you are creating the morph for.

• CykloneCyklone Posts: 120

Grumpfffff !!! cryingcryinglaugh