Romantic Curly Hair (Linday) heavy on the system

LauritaLaurita Posts: 212

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-romantic-curly-hair-for-genesis-8-and-81-females

I am just trying to get my head around why this hair is rendering so slowly. On a 3090 I set up an empty scene with one character. Without hair it is rendering 250 iterations in about 30 seconds, with AprilYSH's Bronwyn hair in about 1:30 and with this hair in 4:30 - after lowering the SUBD to 1. surprise

Is there enything else I could try to get this hair hitting the GPU a bit less hard?

Post edited by Laurita on

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

dforce cloth based hair is usually much more resource heavy than non dforce cloth based hair.

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 872
    edited June 2023

If you want ot lower render times, expand romantic curly and toggle visibilty off for layers 02+03 that add thickness.  Should take off good portion of time.

Also, that seems unusual on a 3090?

My render times at 250-its for 1200px x 1200px with one hdri - RenderQuality 5  (don't know what render size you used) were 4 seconds base g8f, 7.5 seconds with BronwynHair, and 23secos for CurlyHair SubD1. Turning off layers 2+3 - now 14 seconds to render.

Post edited by Saxa -- SD on
  • Jumping onto this thread. I know I must be missing something, but I can't get this hair to shape anything like the way it looks in the promo, and when I click on the shape presets I just get crazy hair. Any help?

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

redbankmick said:

Jumping onto this thread. I know I must be missing something, but I can't get this hair to shape anything like the way it looks in the promo, and when I click on the shape presets I just get crazy hair. Any help?

You need to run a dforce simluation so it can drape over your figure. changing the gravity settings will also affect how it looks