Daz To Blender Bridge ... doesn't work?

ValidUserNameValidUserName Posts: 26

I exported a character using Daz to Blender bridge. I follwed the instructions exactly, it was simple.
It moves the file to blender, but I'm not sure what that is supposed to be. I guess I can make a horror game?

https://ibb.co/xXjkg1L

Has anyone been able to get this to work?

Post edited by ValidUserName on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,181

You used DTB to have this imported in Blender ?!  It seems a pure FBX import... Yes, DTB works but strongly recommend Diffeomorphic Daz Importer.

• ValidUserNameValidUserName Posts: 26
    edited June 2023

crosswind said:

You used DTB to have this imported in Blender ?!  It seems a pure FBX import... Yes, DTB works but strongly recommend Diffeomorphic Daz Importer.

Hi Crosswind, thank you for your response. I appreciate your suggestion.

Yes I used the Bridge designed to import from Daz to Blender, provided by Daz to import from Daz to Blender. I'm not sure why you included the "?!" like this is a surprising thing to do. I hope that statement doesn't come off as mean spirited, I'm genuinly concerned as there was no indication that the daz to blender bridge would be non functional or that the documentation would be outdated. It leaves an impression that the Daz team is unreliable and damages the trust that I have in them as a company.

I tried the Diffeomorphic Daz Importer that you've suggested and it appears to no longer work either. This is sad, because there's lot of great content on the Daz marketplace, but there's no point in buying any of it if we can't export them and use them in our game. The interactive licenses are quite expensive as well. Usually the liscense is multiple times the cost of the product itself. I'm not sure if the price is justified if using these products are nearly impossible for anyone.

I'm happy to pay these high prices for such quality content, but not if we can't use them.

Post edited by ValidUserName on

ValidUserName said:

crosswind said:

Hi Crosswind, thank you for your response. I appreciate your suggestion.

Yes I used the Bridge designed to import from Daz to Blender, provided by Daz to import from Daz to Blender. I'm not sure why you included the "?!" like this is a surprising thing to do. I hope that statement doesn't come off as mean spirited, I'm genuinly concerned as there was no indication that the daz to blender bridge would be non functional or that the documentation would be outdated. It leaves an impression that the Daz team is unreliable and damages the trust that I have in them as a company.

I tried the Diffeomorphic Daz Importer that you've suggested and it appears to no longer work either. This is sad, because there's lot of great content on the Daz marketplace, but there's no point in buying any of it if we can't export them and use them in our game. The interactive licenses are quite expensive as well. Usually the liscense is multiple times the cost of the product itself. I'm not sure if the price is justified if using these products are nearly impossible for anyone.

I'm happy to pay these high prices for such quality content, but not if we can't use them.

I'm sorry that '?!' gave you a strange impression but actually I just wondered Daz to Blender (DTB) bridge shoudn't give that result after importing the figure... (English is not my native tongue so somtimes I really fail to express myselft well... blush Sorry again! )

I ever used DTB for a period of time and even specifically made a tutorial in last June for the 'new DTB' which was released around that time..I knew the team really did lots of work on DBT. I ever communicated with Daniel on Github about 'Bend Control not working' issue, and the 'bug' had been fixed in a very short time then, really appreciated that.

However, comparing to Diffeomorphic Daz Importer (DDI), DTB is still pretty weak in terms of functionalities...no offense but just the facts after lots of experiments. Then I switched to DDI... You may see the frequency of DDI update on https://bitbucket.org/Diffeomorphic/import_daz/commits/, while DTB has not been updated for a long time... There're quite a lot relevant discussion in Blender sub-forum...

So any DDI relevant issue, pls feel free to name it in here or Blender sub-forum, we may try to help. And the author @ThomasLarsson and @Padone will be both happy to resolve any complex issues...

• Ah well I'm sorry if I missunderstood you. I'm just glad someone replied at least. For the forseeable future, it appears that Daz is not a platform/tool that can be used by game developers.

edited June 2023

ValidUserName said:

Ah well I'm sorry if I missunderstood you. I'm just glad someone replied at least. For the forseeable future, it appears that Daz is not a platform/tool that can be used by game developers.

No problem!  And yeah, I agree on your point to a certain extent. The reason of being a 'combo user' of DS + Blender for me is just because on the one hand I can well utilize the valuable assets from Daz, on the other, Blender nearly meet all my needs in every way... though I don't really make games.

Post edited by crosswind on