Local User empty - can anyone help?

wmiller314wmiller314 Posts: 184

Hello all,

I recently had to install a new drive and transfer all my Daz studio content onto the E drive because my C was nearly full. It was a bit of a head ache. I had to uninstall and reinstall twice, but I finally got everything transfered onto the new drive and working. The only problem is now I can see anything in the Local User tab!

I have a number of custom characters that I shaped and saved as scenes and then I would use the Local User tab in smart content to import my characters into scenes because I'm making a comic book. But now the Local user tab no longer shows up under saved files. I have to search for it in All Products. And when I select Local User, I see nothing. I have made several test scenes and saved them to see if it would populate the Local User tab in smart content and nothing happens. 

I have all my original characters saved as scenes in another duplicate file that I can use to load the characters, but now I have no way of loading more than one into a scene together. I really need the Local User tab to do what it did before and show my all my save files.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I've got 2 images for reference but can't get them to upload to daz because that's just the way my day is going lol. Here is the link: https://www.deviantart.com/mademoiselle3dart/art/Local-User-001-966111754 ; and: https://www.deviantart.com/mademoiselle3dart/art/Local-User-002-966112421

Any advice appreciate! Thanks in advance.

Post edited by wmiller314 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,299
    edited June 2023

It isn't a good idea to save files to sub-folders of the application folder, though I amnot sure the soystem will notice here. What are your content directory settings? Did you move or reset the database? Are the files available in the Content Library under Daz Studio Formats?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,181

Can you find any Saved Files as the attached screenshot?

SNAG-2023-6-8-0071.png
    495 x 1302 - 157K