"Error during rendering"

Hello!

Need some help here. After reinstalling Daz3d, I started getting the message "error during rendering" as soon as I click the render button and the render stops. 

Already tried with different objects, reinstalling it, deleting daz3d folder in appdata but nothing worked. Log is attached.

Can someonte help me? Thanks.

txt
txt
log.txt

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,181

Have you installed 'Default Resources for DAZ Studio 4.20+' ? And what's your graphics card?

• Yeah, first thing that is installed by DIM. I'm using a Geforce RTX 3050 4GB with updated drivers.

I always rendered using this, even some heavy scenes. The problem started after uninstall and reinstall (you know, to clean things), even with simple objects.

• The whole log might be useful, the root issue could be further up.

• KaidoRacerKaidoRacer Posts: 8
    edited June 2023

Uploading files is not working. I'll try later

Post edited by KaidoRacer on
  • You could use an external host, such as OneDrive, Google Drive, or DropBox, and post a link.

• Finally. Here is full log.

txt
    txt
    log.txt
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012
    edited June 2023

1. Your computer has just 8GB's of RAM, which means DS and Windows will use virtual memory (space on your drive) to compensate and if virtual memory is not large enough or not configured the way DS wants it to be configured, you will run out of memory.
    2. Your GPU has just 4GB's of VRAM, which severly limits what you can render on GPU => Rendering on CPU will require even more RAM

Practical minimum for current version of DS, when using relatively new assets, is 32GB's of RAM and minimum 8GB's of VRAM on supported nVidia GPU. 

You are also logging in to DS and allowing DAZ Connect inside DS to update your metadata. How are you installing your content?

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • The thing is that I always rendered using this config and just uninstalled and reinstalled it. I tried to install Daz through DIM and Daz Central getting same problem.

Looking in log files, looks like is not finding basic libraries. Does Daz saves paths info on Windows registry?

• Just a feedback: Deleting Daz3d on Windows registry resolved my problem.