Distance between clothes and body - Custom clothes( and shoes)

Hello,

How do you deal with the "floating effect" between clothes (or shoes) and the body? When doing modelisation in Blender, the right distance in order to avoid "poke trough" ends with a floating effect in DAZ after transfer utility. Any tips, advice?

Comments

• If the clothing is fairly simple a Push Modifier (Edit>Figure>Geometry>Add Push Modifier) with a negative offset may help, however that moves the surface in/out along its normals so for projecting parts or parts modelled in the round that will expand/contact in place rather than moving the clothing closer (a Push Modifier can, however, have a weight map applied to exclude those areas - which could then be moved with soem other tool, such as a weight-mapped dForm or Mesh Grabber from the store). You might also be able to model a shrink/inflate morph in Blender and use that, via Edit>Figure>Morph Loader, to adjust the clothing.

• arthenicsarthenics Posts: 143

Ok. I will take a look. Thanks for the hint.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,181

No worry ~ if you don't use any add-on to make clothing in Blender (or simulation with collision settings), you may just keep close distance AMAP in b/t figure's body and clothing. If there's any poke-thru in DS, you may use sculpting tool in Blender to fix them and then update the base geometry of the clothing in DS (Edit - Figure - Geometry - Update Base Geomotry...), or even used smoothed object to update it. But I myself still suggest use Marvelouse Designer to make clothing (better and faster)... I only use Blender to make accessories and shoes (hard / semi-hard surface..).

• arthenicsarthenics Posts: 143

Marvelous Designer is not bad but without Maya or Zbrush help, the quad topology is not really clean. Do you keep "tri" topology?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,181
    edited June 2023

First, I just meant using MD to 'make clothing'...(at least it's much better than using Blender though I'm a serious Blender user as well ). It will not prevent one from using other software for any improvement or post work... e.g. most of the time I keep the quads from MD (I never use triangles btw...), sometimes I send them to BL / ZB / Maya for remeshing and welding, then send to Pt for texturizing, a proper and fluent workflow will be still up to you...  Furthermore, there're lots of popular PAs in here and Rendo just keep using 'non pure quads' from MD for their clothing products, there's no impact to the product's morphing, dforcing, final quality and sales....

Post edited by crosswind on