Is there a way to save a Pose Control for Shapes, as a Preset. [Solved, Yes!]

Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,246

Discovered a dilemma!

1. I know how to save shape presets and pose presets. That's not the issue.

On the Parameter Tab for the figure, there are some Pose "controls" ... apparently these pose controls are not activating pose dials but rather triggering certain hidden morphs. They cannot be 'found' to save a shape preset nor can they be saved with a pose preset [it does not recognize morphs].

So, IS there are way to save such a control dial into a Preset to show in the Contents Library? tia

Suppose I should mention the figure is Horse 3, Pose Controls are those for the Head, Base.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

Comments

• You would need to chnage the type of the control to Modifier/Pose in the Parameter Settings dialogue (click the gear icon on the slider). That doesn't need to be permanent - the preset will work on things thata re not modifier/pose, but the type needs to be that for saving.

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 872

Like Richard says, it's definately the type of control.  You may also want to find those morphs, copy and paste them to a new folder of your choice that DAZ content includes in its library (your setup) , and then modify the duf with notepad++ using replace feature to make it a second set of morphs that won't get overwritten with a product update.  Just compare the duf of a working morph.  Will take a bit probably to get right first time, but after will be faster.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,246

Richard Haseltine said:

You would need to chnage the type of the control to Modifier/Pose in the Parameter Settings dialogue (click the gear icon on the slider). That doesn't need to be permanent - the preset will work on things thata re not modifier/pose, but the type needs to be that for saving.

Thank you, I'll give this a try.

Saxa -- SD said:

Like Richard says, it's definately the type of control.  You may also want to find those morphs, copy and paste them to a new folder of your choice that DAZ content includes in its library (your setup) , and then modify the duf with notepad++ using replace feature to make it a second set of morphs that won't get overwritten with a product update.  Just compare the duf of a working morph.  Will take a bit probably to get right first time, but after will be faster.

Thank you for the idea. I'm not too keen on modifying morph dufs as doing so would not enable me to make pose presets that could be used on other computers.

Hi.  If its truly other computers, you still face a file modification either way of a published asset (changing to modifier/pose for example). Don't think it's permissable?  from what I've seen here, but have zero experience with that.

If its your "other PCs", then as soon as you make, it would be super-easy to share.  Just share new shape preset or pose preset (whatever way you decide to go) and its new dufs and make sure have same folder visible to DAZ content. 

Avoiding product updates later is worth alot, especially if thay happen months later, when you forget what you did etc. 

Just wanted to share that this way is shareable too and allows you more freedom. 

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Richard Haseltine said:

You would need to chnage the type of the control to Modifier/Pose in the Parameter Settings dialogue (click the gear icon on the slider). That doesn't need to be permanent - the preset will work on things thata re not modifier/pose, but the type needs to be that for saving.

This was indeed the solution, thank you heart

Saxa -- SD said:

Hi.  If its truly other computers, you still face a file modification either way of a published asset (changing to modifier/pose for example). Don't think it's permissable?  from what I've seen here, but have zero experience with that.

If its your "other PCs", then as soon as you make, it would be super-easy to share.  Just share new shape preset or pose preset (whatever way you decide to go) and its new dufs and make sure have same folder visible to DAZ content. 

Avoiding product updates later is worth alot, especially if thay happen months later, when you forget what you did etc. 

Just wanted to share that this way is shareable too and allows you more freedom. 

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Thanks for the concern however I'm not sharing any modified PA files lol ... nope. I temporarily modified the control files [which had not been set to anything before], made the presets correctly for sharing, reloaded the scene and checked the presets -- they worked as desired :-) These presets are made to move ONLY the control dials so if one does not own Horse 3 [which comes with these pose controls] then they are useless for any other purpose. 

Making what you want is always nice! smiley

Yes, something nice to wile away the hours ;-) Have the presets made, about 1/2 way through rendering icons for them. That rather tedious task is done in several sessions.

Maybe one day I'll notice where they hid the colours for the mane and tail.