UltraScenery - new(er) territory [Commercial]

Comments

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,127

Looks great!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,232

It sure does look great! That video ought to sell a million copies of these products. It is beautiful and inspirational.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,479

maybe I should empty my cart

• johnjohn808johnjohn808 Posts: 143

For the past couple of months, RH has been getting most of my money as I dont really like playing the buy in games.

But WOW! I`ll gladly bring my money back here for this one for an instant buy at full price! 

One question though.... Hows the resource usage compared to the first version? I`m on an, RTX 3090 with 80GB of Ram. 

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,990

johnjohn808 said:

For the past couple of months, RH has been getting most of my money as I dont really like playing the buy in games.

But WOW! I`ll gladly bring my money back here for this one for an instant buy at full price! 

One question though.... Hows the resource usage compared to the first version? I`m on an, RTX 3090 with 80GB of Ram. 

It should be fine. There is no accelerator as with the original USC, but it doesn't need it.

• johnjohn808johnjohn808 Posts: 143

DoctorJellybean said:

johnjohn808 said:

It should be fine. There is no accelerator as with the original USC, but it doesn't need it.

I hope so Im super excited for this release!

BTW, I love the accelerator!

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,119

OK, bring it on! I'm armed with a gift card. smiley

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,145
    By the look of the video, it's as impossible to miss as US. I can feel my wallet cringing already.
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,319

I almost get goosebumps remembering back to the days of getting into Carrara JUST to render Howie's stuff.  Seems like a lifetime ago and the progress that has been made is phenomenal.  SO EXCITING!  I sincerely hope all of your hard work and effort are repaid in spades with sales of your wonderful add-on to DAZ Studio!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,921

Look great, @HowieFarkes

Hope to use this large area in a good way.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,319
    edited May 8

Can you feel it in the air?  Can you hear creaking trees, the rustle of dry grass blowing in a gentle breeze? A stream gurgles quietly to itself.

Something is coming...

Post edited by Gogger on
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,328

Gogger said:

Can you feel it in the air?  Can you hear creaking trees, the rustle of dry grass blowing in a gentle breeze? A stream gurgles quietly to itself.

Something is coming...

Be careful, it could be one of Herschel Hoffmeyer's T Rexes.

Cheers,

Alex. 

edited May 8

its amazing how many modules I missed installing for Ultrascenery. Just had to add 3 more... what happens I choose an ecology and there wont be any trees, or something. Find out that part is not installed. Slowly getting it all in. 

Need a checklist or something to make sure everything is getting installed.  How do you guys insure everything is installed? 

Post edited by daveso on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,564

daveso said:

its amazing how many modules I missed installing for Ultrascenery. Just had to add 3 more... what happens I choose an ecology and there wont be any trees, or something. Find out that part is not installed. Slowly getting it all in. 

Need a checklist or something to make sure everything is getting installed.  How do you guys insure everything is installed? 

Can't speak for everyone, but I just install everything. 

daveso said:

The first post in this thread has a list of addons and required packages. I'm not sure whether the list is entirely up to date or not. I know the list has been updated several times when new addons came out. 

Totte said:

daveso said:

Can't speak for everyone, but I just install everything. 

laugh I thought I did 

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,145

Just a thought.

Some of the packs (Like Oso's Ultrascenery  Country Ford)  act as conversion files to allow the components of the non-UltraScenery/standalone Country Ford to work in US.

Have you installed all those required files too?

Regards,

Richard

edited May 11

Hey, all. Tonight was the first time I used Ultrascenery since finally updating my main Daz intance to 4.22 a few days ago. I didn't do a lot with USC in the 4.22 public build that I was primarily using to test Face Transfer 2, but I did do a few USC things with no obvious issue. I wouldn't have upgraded the main instance if I wasn't confident, having already tested USC, OOT hairs, dForce, etc, in 4.22. But with the 4.22 I just updated the main instance to, USC is practically unusable on most ecologies. I just retested to compare the two 4.22 instances, rendering the same file, and found that there is a massive difference. This example - in which I was redoing an experimental project from a while back - is two USC objects (a Grassland 1 in the foreground and a Woodland 1 in the background); a G9 figure with hair and clothes; and some flowers.

In Public Build 4.22.1.88, it took 9:30 to render this on my 3090 system.

In the newly upgraded 4.22.0.16 release instance, after 40 minutes, it had gotten to 20%. (I wouldn't have even let it run that long, except I went to wash dishes and stuff, thinking it would be done when I got back.)

I did some testing to try to narrow down the problem. The newly updated Daz can finish rendering this scene in about 6.30 as long as the aspens in the Woodland 1 USC in the background are not visible. But as soon as the trees are involved, it's taking forever. I created a new scene, with Woodland 1 and generic lighting, and it was slow. Tried Pines 3 with pines and aspens and it was slow. I tried it with just the pines, and it was still slow. Something about the trees seems to be bringing it practically to a standstill.

There's no obvious errors in the log. I updated the Nvidia drivers earlier this year to 31.0.15.5123; and if it's a driver issue I would expect it to be a problem in the public build Daz on the same computer. I haven't noticed any other crippling performance issues, or errors or problems in general, since upgrading.

Anyone have any ideas of what to look at? I don't recall any performance issues when I last used USC prior to upgrading from 4.21 to 4.22.

wildflowers3.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 586

Can only imagine that maybe your render settings changed? If you use the included "USC Late Morning" render settings is it still slow?

edited May 13

HowieFarkes said:

Can only imagine that maybe your render settings changed? If you use the included "USC Late Morning" render settings is it still slow?

Yep, the very first thing I tried was a newly generated USC object in a new scene with USC Late Morning. The girl in the field was an old project, using very atypical lighting conditions, so there was room for weirdness.

I've run every test I know to try today. I created a very generic scene with Desert 6 on "No Features", used the USC Late Morning lighting and created a basic camera. I then rendered it in the release version and the public build version. The difference was enormous - it took under a minute in the public build, and almost 10 minutes in the release version. Comparison of the logs shows two obvious types of differences - my production Daz instance has a bunch of plug-ins that are not in the public build test version and then at render time, there's a fairly significant difference in the activity going on, but I'm not sure what it means. I've also compared the Render Settings differences and found a few differences of which Progressive Aux Canvas and Texture Compression seem potentially the most relevant - both have settings in the public build and are absent in the release version.

The first thing I want to rule out is whether it's a 4.22.0.16 release version thing. I have the logs and the DUF file, but literally this moment, I'm seeing the perpetual "Uploading" issue for the first time in weeks/months ... will attach ASAP.

Edited to Add: Attached logs. However the DUF file appears to be too big to attach. There was nothing special .. I described what I did up above, if anyone who has the Desert ecology and 4.22.0.16 has a moment to try that and let me know how it does.

prod-924.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 2M
    txt
    txt
    Prod-Log-USC-Test-Edit.txt
    txt
    txt
    Public-Log-USC-Test-Edit.txt

paulawp (marahzen) said:

HowieFarkes said:

Yep, the very first thing I tried was a newly generated USC object in a new scene with USC Late Morning. The girl in the field was an old project, using very atypical lighting conditions, so there was room for weirdness.

I've run every test I know to try today. I created a very generic scene with Desert 6 on "No Features", used the USC Late Morning lighting and created a basic camera. I then rendered it in the release version and the public build version. The difference was enormous - it took under a minute in the public build, and almost 10 minutes in the release version. Comparison of the logs shows two obvious types of differences - my production Daz instance has a bunch of plug-ins that are not in the public build test version and then at render time, there's a fairly significant difference in the activity going on, but I'm not sure what it means. I've also compared the Render Settings differences and found a few differences of which Progressive Aux Canvas and Texture Compression seem potentially the most relevant - both have settings in the public build and are absent in the release version.

The first thing I want to rule out is whether it's a 4.22.0.16 release version thing. I have the logs and the DUF file, but literally this moment, I'm seeing the perpetual "Uploading" issue for the first time in weeks/months ... will attach ASAP.

Edited to Add: Attached logs. However the DUF file appears to be too big to attach. There was nothing special .. I described what I did up above, if anyone who has the Desert ecology and 4.22.0.16 has a moment to try that and let me know how it does.

I don't have 4,22.0.16, but I have 4.21.0.5. I'll try it in that version, just to see what happens compared to 4.22.1.136 Public Build.

edited May 13

I created a scene with USC No Features, Desert 06 and USC late Morning in DS 4.21.0.5, I saved the scene and closed DS. I opened DS 4.22.1.136, opened the saved scene and rendered it. It took 2 minutes to render. Then I closed DS and opened DS 4,21.0.5 again and opened the saved scene and rendered it. It took 2 minutes and 20 seconds. In both cases, the scene loaded quickly in about 10 seconds. The forum won't let me upload my scene file either. I can only upload the render.
    Do you have the old LAMH plugin installed in either build? I recently found that having it installed caused a terrible delay in another plugin, so I completely uninstalled LAMH. That resolved that problem.

DS 4.22.1.136 PB USC No Features Desert 06 2 minute render.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on

barbult said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

HowieFarkes said:

I don't have 4,22.0.16, but I have 4.21.0.5. I'll try it in that version, just to see what happens compared to 4.22.1.136 Public Build.

I held off upgrading the production instance all this time but finally bit the bullet recently ...

I looked at your log files. It looks like you have the UltraScenery Accelerator in one build but not the other. Was that intentional?

edited May 13

barbult said:

I looked at your log files. It looks like you have the UltraScenery Accelerator in one build but not the other. Was that intentional?

I installed the public build in a different folder than the original release version, so a lot of my plug-ins are not available there. I had originally only installed it for the single purpose of testing Face Transfer 2, back when it was only available in the public build. FT2 worked, and that was all I needed for the purpose, so I never worked out how to get stuff like plug-ins, scripts, custom folders, etc., set up for that instance.

Ironically, the Accelerator plug-in is installed and working in the release series that is rendering slowly. 

I've never tinkered with LAMH. I did double-check just now and don't see that in my plug-in list.

edited May 18

This scene used UltraScenery Harpwood 1, and I UltraScattered the flowers around. The people are LowPi.

I made another render with a different LowPi crowd, a dog billboard, and HDRI lighting. The flowers were rescattered, too.

USC Terrain with LowPi markers crowd of 20_004_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 4M
    USC Terrain with LowPi Crowd 2 20 people_001_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 4M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,564

barbult said:

This scene used UltraScenery Harpwood 1, and I UltraScattered the flowers around. The people are LowPi.

I made another render with a different LowPi crowd, a dog billboard, and HDRI lighting. The flowers were rescattered, too.

Just love  those !!!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,354

barbult said:

That makes me want LowPi animals - a herd of deer for example.

Looks great and I also would like to have LowPi animals, as well.

edited May 18

Just a quick example of using https://www.daz3d.com/low-rez-crowds

with UltraScenery.

us01LowRezCrowds.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 791K
    Post edited by Artini on