DIM and multiple accounts

karlkarl Posts: 66

In my account settings it has a link to DIM (which I use) and says:

"Looking for Daz 3D Install Manager (DIM)? ADVANCED & IN-DEPTH PRODUCT MANAGEMENT [...] Manage products from separate accounts"

Is there any information about that anywhere? For a start, are you even allowed more than one Daz account? Would the content in DIM change each time I logged in with another account or would it be pooled somehow? I'm confused by that, and the forum serch is no help for anything using multiple words, it just pulls up irrelevant results for DIM, account, user etc. (I'm an ex librarian so rubbish searches always annoy me!) Thanks.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Moved to Technical Help as it is not a Daz Studio application topic.

Some people might need separate accounts, e.g. work and leisure (I actually have two - my real account and one with my Daz email, which has a few items specific for the work I do for Daz on it). The Ready To Download tab is the only one directly affected, but of course the different accounts could have different folders set throughout.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,437

I have a separate account that I use offline for third-party packages that I configured to use in DIM. Since they are not from DAZ, there is no point trying to connect. It helps separate the archives and installations.

• karlkarl Posts: 66
    edited June 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

Moved to Technical Help as it is not a Daz Studio application topic.

Some people might need separate accounts, e.g. work and leisure (I actually have two - my real account and one with my Daz email, which has a few items specific for the work I do for Daz on it). The Ready To Download tab is the only one directly affected, but of course the different accounts could have different folders set throughout.

Many thanks, that makes sense! So if I was in that situation I could just log in to DIM with my other account, and as you say, I'd see the other account's items, but could merge them into one folder. I really need to dig in and tidy up all my own at some point, but I keep putting it off to maybe do at the same time as trying to get Daz working in Linux. (I've bookmarked threads about that, though I keep hoping Daz will get simpler one day and be easier to do that with!)

Post edited by karl on