Edit Strand Based Hair after changing base figure's pose

I have gotten really into making my own strand based hair.  At the moment I do not have access to the tools to make SBH dForce (I have never agreed with the policy of only providing that feature to PA's...A key feature to sell my hairs and become a PA...requires being a PA when I create my hairs).

I digress.  Without that feature, if I want to comb a SBH preset after posing the figure, the SBH editor shows the figure in the original A pose.  Is there any way to update the pose of the reference figure in the SBH editor?

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,181

I would say: Pls do not take that 'user-oriented' SBH Editor too seriously...  devil but as for your question, you may click 'Update Surfaces' in Setup tab of SBH Editor to 'update the pose'.

• Theer is only one SBH editor - what the PAs have is tools for making strand-based hair, or imported curves from another application, into dForce hair when they sell through the store (which is helping to pay for the development of the feature).

• mmdestinymmdestiny Posts: 75
    edited June 2023

crosswind said:

I would say: Pls do not take that 'user-oriented' SBH Editor too seriously...  devil but as for your question, you may click 'Update Surfaces' in Setup tab of SBH Editor to 'update the pose'.

Thanks, I had seen that button, but disregarded it because its naming is a little counterintuitive since when we think of surfaces in DAZ's lingo, it's almost exclusively in relation to the selection sets that materials are applied to.  Maybe I'll submit a ticket to get the button changed to "Update Pose" lol 

Post edited by mmdestiny on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

I honestly as someone who does animations, would settle for being able to keyframe styling in the strandbase editor

the PAs and DAZ can keep their unpredictable Dforce strandbased hair

styling would NOT need to be physics based unlike Dforce

it's annoying enough I cannot even do that in other applications with dynamic hair

I also for that matter would love to keyframe Dforce cloth simulations like the Optiex freeze function or Poser Dyn2morph python script did

(well I sort of can by exporting obj series with Sagan and loading them all in morphloader I suppose, needless to say not tried)