Rendering affects YouTube playback

Often while rendering, I'll typically get on YouTube for a while to kill some time, or else leave a playlist running as a cheap way to keep my computer from going to sleep if I have to do something elsewhere. I've noticed that video playback will slow down, freeze, etc. while rendering is going on. In YouTube playlists, videos will often (but not always) not advance to the next video unless the tab YouTube is in is visible. This happens with DAZ 4.21 Pro, Firefox, and while rendering in Iray windowed mode.

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012
    edited May 2023

Try disabling hardware acceleration in the browser

Browsers are also using VRAM, so they are competing with the rendering.

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

Try setting Affinity in the Daz Render tab; the Advance tab sets how many cores. Just lower it a core or two. See Below. maybe not

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

AgitatedRiot said:

Try setting Affinity in the Daz Render tab; the Advance tab sets how many cores. Just lower it a core or two. See Below. maybe not

And don't check the CPU as a rendering device.

• gmm2gmm2 Posts: 95

PerttiA said:

Try disabling hardware acceleration in the browser

Browsers are also using VRAM, so they are competing with the rendering.

This seems to have fixed most of the issues. The tab a video is playing in still has to be open for a playlist video to advance, but that's a minor thing. Thank you!

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404
    PerttiA said:

AgitatedRiot said:

And don't check the CPU as a rendering device.

Thanks I forgot about that.