Green image with iRay post denoiser with NVidia drivers 535.98

kervalakervala Posts: 184

Hi there,

I just updated my NVidia drivers today (version 535.98) published yesterday and, while doing a render, the first sample are correct, but as soon it enabled the post-denoiser the whole image becomes green :(

Please anyone has the same issue ?

I plan to reinstall previous drivers because I had no issues with them.

Edit : I still can't upload a screenshot to my post :(

Post edited by kervala on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,293

Yes, this has been reported as an issue with the new drivers.

• Digital TouchDigital Touch Posts: 187
    edited June 2023

kervala said:

Hi there,

I just updated my NVidia drivers today (version 535.98) published yesterday and, while doing a render, the first sample are correct, but as soon it enabled the post-denoiser the whole image becomes green :(

Please anyone has the same issue ?

I plan to reinstall previous drivers because I had no issues with them.

Edit : I still can't upload a screenshot to my post :(

Guess I'll just never update driver ever again, too many times Nvidia updated their drivers then produced error for Iray render. It's not like they update anything for Iray rendering, it's just being impacted by other updates they are doing.

Post edited by Digital Touch on
  • kervalakervala Posts: 184

Yep :( I'm also in the same case, and almost always it's related to iRay that is their own raytracing engine :(

Richard Haseltine said:

Yes, this has been reported as an issue with the new drivers.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,011

Digital Touch said:

Guess I'll just never update driver ever again, too many times Nvidia updated their drivers then produced error for Iray render. It's not like they update anything for Iray rendering, it's just being impacted by other updates they are doing.

Unless one knows the new drivers are improving something one needs and one knows they are not going to break anything, there is no rush to update them.
    Quite often one needs to try several versions of the GPU drivers to find ones that are not glitching in any of the programs one uses.

"If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it"

• KelthorasKelthoras Posts: 0

I stumbled upon this thread after encountering the same problem.

Well, at least I discovered a work-around for the problem: in iray settings -> filtering, just turn off "Post Denoiser Denoise Alpha"; this setting toggled render image turning greenish on my machine (with latest nvidia driver). Maybe that helps?

• You still need to enable the Post Denoiser

• Thank you very much Kelthoraslaugh

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,174
    edited September 2023

Oh, with latest driver - 537.42, the blueish preview and rendering are gone.

Post edited by crosswind on

crosswind said:

Oh, with latest driver - 537.42, the blueish preview and rendering are gone.

Thanks a lot, I'll reenable Alpha Denoiser :)

• Exactly, always keep the Post Denoiser Alpha turned off!risonho