Lashes for individual eyes

CaetlynCaetlyn Posts: 80

I'm in the process of trying to create an expression for a storke victim in a Genesis 8 female. In doing so, I end up with upper eyelashes for the right eye that shouldn't be there. 

Is it possible to change eyelashes for indivual eyes? All attempts to change the lashes works with both eyes at the same time instead. 

Thanks in advance.

eyelash.png
405 x 396 - 178K
Post edited by Caetlyn on

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,246

Ideas:

Load 2 eyelashes, use cutout transparencies to hide each of the other eyes? [haven't tried this with eyelashes, may or not work]

Make new eyelash products: creating one for each eye, being careful not to overwrite the original files of course.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,181

This seems not an issue of tweaking individual eyelash but fixing the distortion of right eyelash that comes from an eye or eyelid related expression, i.e. upper eyelid on the right 'squeezes' the eyelash into its geometry...
    You may select the Eyelashes node and check its hidden properties, see if there's any eye or upper eyelid relevant ejcm (expression JCM) morph which can be tweaked... Since it's a pretty common issue, I myself usually use GoZ to fix it and import back as a delta morph to the eyelashes, pretty quick...

• CaetlynCaetlyn Posts: 80

Sadly, tweaking the hidden properties for the right eyelash doesn't appear to have the desired effect. 

Is there anyway of changing the geometery of each lash? It was a thought at one stage but when I select the area where the lash is, it seems to select the eyelid under it.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,181
    edited June 2023

Yes, if you own Mesh Grabber, it'll be also easy to fix it... as attached. Select Eyelashes node, Alt Shift + E, select the polygon and drag it a bit...

SNAG-2023-6-2-0034.png
    2018 x 1376 - 2M
    SNAG-2023-6-2-0035.png
    2017 x 1374 - 2M
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • CaetlynCaetlyn Posts: 80

Thanks! That will be on my wishlist for my next purchase! smiley