CR2 exporter, giving me no geometry in Poser

So, long story short, I try to export a figure from DAZ Studio into Poser. In Poser I can see the figure name, I can see the bones, but no geometry! This appears to be a semi-common problem, can anyone give me a sense of what I'm missing? Please and thank you

Comments

• What figure? You need to have a grouped, Poser-scale OBJ to point the CR2 to - I suspect lack of groups is the issue here.

• I only have this problem when there are no bones and DAZ Studio gives me a message so I know it won't get exported.  If it does get exported,, there's a good chance it's either in the Runtime you exported to or hiding in a DSON folder in one of your Runtimes.

One thing I have noticed recently is that even items (mostly props)  that are listed with a Poser Companion File don't always work in Poser even if you do use the PCF file.  It seems to be getting worse with every new product that includes a sloppily produced PCF that does not work or contains errors somewhere in the DUF file.  Maybe that's why most new products don't include PCF's anymore.  I think I'm going to have to learn DAZ Studio a little more because it's not worth the hassle anymore.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,792

Can you load it into Poser via the DSON importer?

• DiasporaDiaspora Posts: 421

I actually, have DSON importer installed, but I don't know how to use it... Is it a standalone program? Is there some kind of option somewhere in poser pro?

Wait, I found a youtube video on using DSON Importer, still didn't work. Same problem as before. :/

I'll look into the groups issue.

Wait, I opened up the obj in maya and I can see that the obj that poser is pointed towards is not using face groups.

The item in DAZ3d is rigged already, is there an easy way to generate face groups in daz studio for export into poser?

• In the OBJ export options dialogue use the Poser preset, but then for groups set Use Existing (I can't recall if that is the default or not). Then export the CR2, pointing it to that OBJ as the geometry file.

• If you export to a CR2 from DAZ Studio, the OBJ's should be in your Geometry folder that it creates for you.  If you use DSON within Poser, they should be wherever you have your Writeable Folder located then you have to create your own Geometry folder.  I create a new runtime folder for each product because it's easier to find things and easier to wrap them up to a zip afterward reinstall purposes.

Make sure you rename all those OBJ's with names and numbers or else DSON will load every time that file is opened.  I use Netherworks Studios' Creator's Toybox to clean up DSON/DS Export files and it will prompt to do that for you.  Sometimes there's a lot of manual work on my part to fix other things like Material files which many times do not load the texture files.  Also, Poser Companion Files don't always know the difference between a Figure and a Prop so you might have to save a prop to the Figure category and vice versa.