Strange Artifacts with MEGA Updo Hair for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s)

RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

I am using the OOT MEGA Updo Hair for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s) and keep getting a strange artifact i can't seem to get rid of unless I make the hair invisible or lose the hair (so I know it's not on the model itself). I have tried making the opacity on the cap zero but it still shows up. Can someone give me some guidance on this? 

Post edited by RKane_1 on

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,767

It's the mesh intersecting with the forehead. Try making the cap a tiny bit smaller or larger. That usually fixes it.

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,798
    edited May 2023

It's a problem with a lot of OOT hairs, the cap intersects the forehead giving you those lines. Here's how I fix it:

• Pose the character, including expressions
    • Select the hair in the Scene tab and open the Surfaces tab
    • Choose the Cap surface, and set its Base Color to some bright color e.g.pink or purple (but leaving the image intact)
    • Change the view style to smooth shaded
    • You should now be able to see where the head is poking through the cap. You might want to set Cutout Opacity to 0% for all the other hair surfaces so you can see the whole cap, but it's the clearly visible bits that are the main problem
    • In the Parameters tab, look for the hair's adjustment morphs and tweak as required. Adjust-ForeheadDepth is a good one.
    • Set the cap back to white.

Post edited by chris-2599934 on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,181
    edited May 2023

The reason of such an issue in most cases might be that your figure is far away from the origin point (0,0).  You may also try: Render Settings - Instancing Optimization, set the value to 'Memory'... It may also fix it most of the time...

Post edited by crosswind on