Need help with a control property

AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153

Specifically...I need to control an eye morph on G9 when I enable the character's slider. Since the figure and the eyes are two different meshes, I have no idea how to do this ;). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,299

If it's a morph you could add an identically named (but inert) morph with AutoFollow on to the base figure, when it is set the morph on the eye will follow.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153
    edited May 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

If it's a morph you could add an identically named (but inert) morph with AutoFollow on to the base figure, when it is set the morph on the eye will follow.

I don't know how to do that. blush 

You mean just add a property and use the name of the morph?

How do I get it to follow the Ollie 9 slider? 

So many questions...lol

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,299

AllenArt said:

Richard Haseltine said:

I don't know how to do that. blush 

You mean just add a property and use the name of the morph?

How do I get it to follow the Ollie 9 slider? 

So many questions...lol

Yes, just get the name (not label) of the eye morph from the Parameter Settings dialogue and then create a new Proeprty (right-click to put the parameters pane in edit mode, right-click the create new proeprty) with that name. Then the simplest way to link it to an existing slider when you probably already have other links (which means you don't want to do another ERC Freeze) is to right-click on one of the two (say Ollie 9)>Show in Property Hierarchy, then drag the slider for the other (your eye morph here) into Olie 9>Sub-components>1st Stage in the Property Hierarchy. The Attributes will probably be OK by default for this, since both are going from 0 to 100%. You could also drag the Ollier 9 slider into Controllers>1st Stage for the eye morph. One thing you do want to check in the Attribtes for the link is which property it iss et to save with, and make sure you do save that after setting up the link.