make a fitted item follow bone sizes but not morphs.

Hi, 

does anyone know how I can make a 'figure' follow the bone sizes and poses but ignore shaping morphs, I suppose like the skeleton figure?

Thanks.

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

You could dial the projected morph out.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,375

Rigidity Group may work

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,181
    edited May 2023

Fitted or conformed item just FOLLOWS a bone's size and pose change as default. If you want the fitted item to 'ignore' the shaping morphs dialed on the character, technically it's doable though I'm not sure of your purpose of doing so... Select the item, Show Hidden Properties in Parameters pane, switch to Edit mode, select the related hidden morph dials in Currently Used..., RMB menu - AutoFollow - Disable AutoFollow... But, in this way, the fitted item will look like 'unffited' and 'in a mess'...

Then if you wanna reset the AutoFollow, delete the item and reload it...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718

felis said:

You could dial the projected morph out.

isn't that like answering, 'I want to make a cake but, I'm allergic to eggs, what can I do?' with 'just leave out the eggs'. 

edited May 2023

lilweep said:

Rigidity Group may work

yes, I know about rigidity groups but, I won't want to waste a lot of time on a maybe, especially since I have never used them and again waste a lot of time on tutorials only to find they don't work. I'll just use a work around, I have a figure but, it's for G8f when I need G8m adding conversion just distorts it too much and if that alone distorts it then adding any morph will absolutely distort it. It's not worth the work if something simple won't fix it. Thanks though. 

Post edited by AbnerK on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,299

It should work, if it is morphs you want to block - just select the whole mesh, or the surface/group that matters, from the right-click menu in the Geometry Editor then covmert to a Vertex Seelction from the right-click>Geometry Selection>Convert Selection menu, and finally right-click>Geometry Assignement>Create Rigidity Group From Selected.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,181
    edited May 2023

PS: If you want the character figure itself  (e.g a G9)  'ignore' any existing / installed non-Base shaping morph (just like that Midnight Skeleton) but only follows bone sizing and posing, a simple way is to: Save it as a Figure/Prop asset of your own, with unchecking 'Write Parameter Definitions'. Then no existing morph will be shown after loading the figure (a pure clean figure but still compatible with the G9 Base) and then you can make unique morphs to the figure if needed...

SNAG-2023-5-23-0010.png
    1509 x 1397 - 300K
    Post edited by crosswind on

crosswind said:

PS: If you want the character figure itself  (e.g a G9)  'ignore' any existing / installed non-Base shaping morph (just like that Midnight Skeleton) but only follows bone sizing and posing, a simple way is to: Save it as a Figure/Prop asset of your own, with unchecking 'Write Parameter Definitions'. Then no existing morph will be shown after loading the figure (a pure clean figure but still compatible with the G9 Base) and then you can make unique morphs to the figure if needed...

It already is a standalone in the sizes of G8F base which is only nominally useful. The whole point of it is it has to match the character I'm using. I don't want to go into all the specifics but, I need it to match the character size I'm using but not the shape. It already takes poses but, it's feet don't touch the ground when you use poses of tall characters and then its other body parts will be way off if you make the feet touch the ground, it has to be the same size or it's useless, manually changeing the size of each bone is just insanely time consuming which makes it useless. The point of it is to save time and improve workflow. 

Richard Haseltine said:

It should work, if it is morphs you want to block - just select the whole mesh, or the surface/group that matters, from the right-click menu in the Geometry Editor then covmert to a Vertex Seelction from the right-click>Geometry Selection>Convert Selection menu, and finally right-click>Geometry Assignement>Create Rigidity Group From Selected.

Thanks, Richard, I'll try it. Thanks.