Parsis and Fluidos II

Hi!!

I have a new computer running Windows 11 Home 22H2

AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics            2.90 GHz

64.0 GB (63.4 GB usable)

Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060

I can't get Parsis or Fluidos II to load. I saw something in a PDF for Parsis that sounded like you can't have both at the same time, but this computer doesn't want to have either. When Daz loads I get messages about how the main window can't load, Fludios can't run and the Parsis engine can't load. Does anyone have any advice? My own advice to myself is Give Up Now.

Thanks a lot!!

Comments

• ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 749

How did you install those plugins?  Is this a fresh DS install or did you try to restore options?

• It's a fresh install using DIM.

• ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 749

Can you share your DS logfile?

If DS starts in order to do something then: Help menu => Troubeshooting => View log file.

But if it dosnt' => open a file manager (Win + r, then type in "explorer" and hit enter)...  then go here: "%appdata%\DAZ 3D\Studio4", you should be able to paste that right into the address bar. There you'll find: "log.txt", try sharing, if that works.  Or... look there if you can spot some obvious issues.

• Good heavens! I never thought to look. Hold on... And that may be it. I'm seeing update this driver and update that driver. Which I thought I had when the thing arrived two weeks ago. I'll see what they have to say for themselves. I don't recall ever having to update a CUDA driver manually before.

• Yes. That was it. Silly of me not to know that they would have shipped the new computer with a nearly year old driver. Thanks for your help.

• Resurrecting my own post. Same problem, different computer. Fludios says it's installed. Green plug on the plug-in list. But no controls. Nothing on the edit menu. Nothing on the create menu. I've installed with DIM. I've installed manually. I've restarted a lot. I've tried Fluidos. I've uninstalled. I've tried Fluidos II. I've uninstalled. The problem seems to be a Microsoft C ++ redistributable, but I've seen Alvin Bemar posts that say that shouldn't matter. Has anyone gotten around this problem? Thanks.