colour picker issue

Hi, since some time, my colour picker in Bryce does not work properly. It changes colour, when I move the picker over the screen, but it does not take the colour it is over. I changed colours otherwise, but would like to use the colour picker again. Is there any chance it can be reset or so without reinstalling Bryce 7 again? 

Comments

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,851

There's a color picker?

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,142

Hansmar - works fine for me. Move mouse over the colour field you want to change, press LMB and move mouse over the reference colour, then release the LMB. The colour field has now the reference colour.

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398

I never use the Bryce color picker or the Mac. I do a Ctrl & Alt for the windows color picker.

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,995

S Ray said:

I never use the Bryce color picker or the Mac. I do a Ctrl & Alt for the windows color picker.

Mostly  yeah  + 

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,761

I used to use the colour picker to e.g take a colour from the sky for an additional light. Or to set the horizon colour of a sky to something I found more fitting than the original in the specific sky preset. And I did what Horo indicates, but it does not lead to the correct colour anymore. Probably need to reinstall Bryce to get it working again. Don't look forward to that at all.

• Until recently I used Bryce 7 pro on my old Mac. But Bryce can't run on recent Macs and I bought a PC with Windows 10. I installed Bryce 7 pro, it runs well but I have the same problem with the color picker. If I wan't to change the color of the sun, haze or material, the picker does not take the color it is over. I reinstalled Bryce but in vain. :-((

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398

You can bring up the Win color selector by holding Ctrl Alt & click on any color palette. Or you can bring up the Mac color picker by just holding Alt & clicking on a color palette.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,761

S Ray, thanks. But I was not looking for selecting the Windows color pallette, but the picker to pick a colour from the screen. I now downloaded the powertoys and with the color picker in those toys, I can now at least see what RGB setting I should use to get exactly the color I want.