[Released] RSSY Character And Material Conversion Bundle Genesis 8 to Genesis 9 [Commercial]

1121314151618»

Comments

• I am trying to use the converter to convert my Genesis 8 character to Genesis 9,  but it turns out a complete mess. Whether I try the Genesis 8 or 8.1 version, it still looks the same.

Untitled-1.jpg
    1920 x 1040 - 768K
  • Thunderwall said:

I am trying to use the converter to convert my Genesis 8 character to Genesis 9,  but it turns out a complete mess. Whether I try the Genesis 8 or 8.1 version, it still looks the same.

From the manual:

The Converted Character’s Body is wrinkled. Because of the way that morphs must be converted, a morph that on Genesis 8 appears to only touch a small part of the head can affect the whole body on Genesis 9. You need to show Currently Used parameters to show all morphs on the converted character. Then, one by one, dial in the morphs to find the offending morph(s). Once you find them, delete the morphs from your HD (click the Gear icon, Parameter Settings, and look at File Path for the asset to figure out where the morph is and what it is called). You should also resave the character with the offending morph(s) dialed out (set to 0). 

• ThunderwallThunderwall Posts: 11
    edited 1:44AM

RiverSoft Art said:

Thunderwall said:

I am trying to use the converter to convert my Genesis 8 character to Genesis 9,  but it turns out a complete mess. Whether I try the Genesis 8 or 8.1 version, it still looks the same.

From the manual:

The Converted Character’s Body is wrinkled. Because of the way that morphs must be converted, a morph that on Genesis 8 appears to only touch a small part of the head can affect the whole body on Genesis 9. You need to show Currently Used parameters to show all morphs on the converted character. Then, one by one, dial in the morphs to find the offending morph(s). Once you find them, delete the morphs from your HD (click the Gear icon, Parameter Settings, and look at File Path for the asset to figure out where the morph is and what it is called). You should also resave the character with the offending morph(s) dialed out (set to 0). 

All the morphs contribute to it a little. No single morph, when dialed to zero, removed the mess; but when they were all dialed to zero, it went back to being the neutral Genesis 9 figure. Even zeroing the head before converting does nothing.

Attached shows the converted character with all head morphs and a few body morphs dialed to zero.

Untitled-2.jpg
    1920 x 1040 - 739K
    Post edited by Thunderwall at
  • EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 482

Thunderwall said:

RiverSoft Art said:

Thunderwall said:

From the manual:

All the morphs contribute to it a little. No single morph, when dialed to zero, removed the mess; but when they were all dialed to zero, it went back to being the neutral Genesis 9 figure.

The converter doesn't just convert the morph, it converts how the morph looks on G8. So you are essentially putting multiple versions of G8 on top of each other.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,506

Thunderwall said:

RiverSoft Art said:

Thunderwall said:

From the manual:

All the morphs contribute to it a little. No single morph, when dialed to zero, removed the mess; but when they were all dialed to zero, it went back to being the neutral Genesis 9 figure. Even zeroing the head before converting does nothing.

Attached shows the converted character with all head morphs and a few body morphs dialed to zero.

If it is truly a G8 character where one morph changes the hands, one morph changes the eyes, one morph changes the breasts, etc.  You are going to need to create a combined morph on the G8 figure if you want to convert it.