Can't login in DIM

Hello DAZ team! I installed the DIM to my pc (win10 x64), and I can't login at all. I tried password reset - it didn't help. I haven't also found any other ways to install my purchased content. Would you help me, please?

Screenshot_1.png
561 x 529 - 29K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,299

Can you download from the product library page of your account? If so then, as a workaround, do so and place the zips in the Downloads folder used by Install Manager, then start install manager, choose Work offline, and the products will be in the Ready to Install tab. I would suggest opening a ticket if you haven't.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,181
    edited May 2023

If you are sure that the account and password are both correct, pls check your network, firewall / anti-virus software settings and VPN connection.
    A friend of mine (in Russia) ever used a browser VPN, then he had no way to log in DIM. After switching to a normal VPN mode, everthing was just fine... while we all knew the reasons..

Post edited by crosswind on
  • Richard Haseltine said:

Can you download from the product library page of your account? If so then, as a workaround, do so and place the zips in the Downloads folder used by Install Manager, then start install manager, choose Work offline, and the products will be in the Ready to Install tab. I would suggest opening a ticket if you haven't.

Oh, yeah, I can download the products directly (just found the way of doing it). I also created a ticket, thank you for the advice.

• crosswind said:

If you are sure that the account and password are both correct, pls check your network, firewall / anti-virus software settings and VPN connection.
    A friend of mine (in Russia) ever used a browser VPN, then he had no way to log in DIM. After switching to a normal VPN mode, everthing was just fine... while we all knew the reasons..

I checked VPN - it turned off, tried to turn off the Win Firewall - still the same. I created a ticked, I hope the support will help.

• ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 749

You definitely need to contact support, but being a bit in a mood I still wanted to respond hoping that we can rule a few things out...

First your account, you can post here so this already addressed the issue, but even so: make sure that you're using the same account & same password in DIM as you do here. Maybe copy/paste the password? Just making sure.

Second: what exactly happens? Does it immediately give you an error message or does this take a while? Something like a timeout? Because if it takes a long while before the program responds with an error then this could be caused by a firewall of some sort. One of Windows' default settings is to block outgoing data and then ask you if you want to enable an exception in your firewall whenever a program tries to connect to a remote location.

Assuming that you're not doing anything specific (you don't have websites open, you don't have external programs running, etc.) you could try to briefly disable your Windows firewall, then quickly try to log into DIM just to see if that gives any change; just to rule this option out. This shouldn't be as dangerous as it may sound because normally you'd also have an Internet router at home which basically provides the main line of defense between the Internet and your local network.

Hope this can still give you some ideas.