Keep the Poses expanded menu, expanded

Hi,

This is something that I find quite annoying when working on scene creation. 

I would go for an expression for a character by going to the pose tab, then expand the tree until I get the expressions and look for a suitable one.

I would then go about doing something else and later come back to the figure to change the face expression once more and there lies my issue.

The whole tree under the pose menu that I expanded earlier to reach the expressions is once more closed and I have to re-expand it.

Is there an option or a solution for this? I just don't understand how is this helpful at all? I keep re-expanding that poses menu all the time.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,299

Generally the selected group should remain selected, but if you select a different node which lacks that group it will not be the only thing selected. I'm not sure how long the group is rmemberd, and of course if you switch selection on a node that does have the same group then you will be dismissing it.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,181
    edited May 2023

It's a common issue ~
    1. First, you may add the used Expression dials to Favorites, then you can go to Favorites property group to tweak them at any time...
    2. If you'd like to quickly go to the expression property group, just right click on Pose Controls group, Expand - Expand Selected... nearly all Expressions are under Head - Expressions... so you just need 2 - 3 clicks;
    3. Locate the Expression group of a singel Expression dial: check your Favorites, remember or copy the name of a character expression dial, e.g. Hina Smile. With Pose Controls tree expanded, select Currenly Used, type in or paste the name into Filter field, then you may see the expression group highlighted in pure white on the left tree, that is it...

Post edited by crosswind on