how do I stop buttons moving when autofitting?

I just purchased Business Casual for G9 ( https://www.daz3d.com/business-casual-dforce-outfit-for-genesis-9 ) intending to autofit it to G8M. However, when I do, the buttons of both jacket and pants shift. How do I stop this happening?

Cheers, Lorraine

buttons1.png
1000 x 1000 - 674K
buttons2.png
1000 x 1000 - 816K
buttons3.png
1000 x 1000 - 2M

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,182

Currently by auto-fitting, you have no way to prevent such an 'issue' from happening... you have to manually recreate the rigid follow nodes on the 'fitted' garment and bind those buttons.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

Use G9 instead

Use G9 instead +1

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189
    edited May 2023

Technically I don't see a reason why rigid follower nodes is removed when autofitting.

Autofit should change the rigging and the weightmaps.

And you will have the same issue if you autofit  G8 items to G9.

Post edited by felis on
  • MadaMada Posts: 1,892

Its not possible to change the rigging and weightmaps because the buttons are not part of the original obj but is a prop or separate figure that's attached to a follower node on the clothing. Same reason that you can't autofit pants and a top at the same time if they're 2 different conformers.

Rigid follow node information is saved in a wearable preset format, and not part of the original follower info so technically the autofit is not reading the attached props or follower nodes in the first place, its only reading the obj and textures.

With autofit the obj is changed to fit the new figure position and shape, and the polygon that the node is attached to moves to a different position - the node has to be recreated in the new position, the button attached to it, and then saved in a wearable preset again.

edited May 2023

Many thanks @Mada ! Very comprehensive. BTW, I love your works ! yes

Post edited by crosswind on
  • MadaMada Posts: 1,892

crosswind said:

Many thanks @Mada ! Very comprehensive. BTW, I love your works ! yes

Thank you :)

• lorraineopualorraineopua Posts: 635

crosswind said:

Currently by auto-fitting, you have no way to prevent such an 'issue' from happening... you have to manually recreate the rigid follow nodes on the 'fitted' garment and bind those buttons.

Well damn, so not what I was wanting to hear crying and recreating the nodes is well above my pay grade.

Mada said:

Its not possible to change the rigging and weightmaps because the buttons are not part of the original obj but is a prop or separate figure that's attached to a follower node on the clothing. Same reason that you can't autofit pants and a top at the same time if they're 2 different conformers.

Rigid follow node information is saved in a wearable preset format, and not part of the original follower info so technically the autofit is not reading the attached props or follower nodes in the first place, its only reading the obj and textures.

With autofit the obj is changed to fit the new figure position and shape, and the polygon that the node is attached to moves to a different position - the node has to be recreated in the new position, the button attached to it, and then saved in a wearable preset again.

Thank you, Mada, a very comprehensive answer though one I was hoping not to hear. This old dog has trouble learning new tricks.

FSMCDesigns said:

Use G9 instead

not helpful

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,878

Mada said:

Interesting. I would have thought that rigid follow nodes were simply a set of transforms relative to a polygon or point on the target object.

edited May 2023

lorraineopua said:

crosswind said:

Well damn, so not what I was wanting to hear crying and recreating the nodes is well above my pay grade.

Oh, dear ~~ Just watch @mada's tutorial lah laugh: (03. Rigid follow node buttons)

Post edited by crosswind on