Trying to load base Genesis 8, 8.1 male or female - Could not open file, File does not exist

I've got a weird issue with the base Genesis 8 models. Whenever I try to load them I just get:

Could not open file : /People/Genesis 8 Female/Genesis 8 Basic Female.duf 
File does not exist.

Male or female, 8 or 8.1, same issue. The duf file is there where it is supposed to be and if I find it in file explorer and click it opens Daz and loads the model fine. Genesis 9 base loads perfectly, no issues, and loading any G8 character works fine, it's just the base models. Same in beta or regular edition of Daz.,

The log just has: 2023-05-10 18:17:43.419 [INFO] :: Could not open file : /People/Genesis 8 Female/Genesis 8 Basic Female.duf  File does not exist.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the starter essentials pack, doesn't help.

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

How do you install your content and do you log in to DS? (hopefully not, ever)

• CantrapsCantraps Posts: 28

PerttiA said:

How do you install your content and do you log in to DS? (hopefully not, ever)

DIM or manually, and I'm logged in by default.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

Sigh... I wish DAZ would finally see the problems they create...

Logging in to Daz Studio is necessary ONLY when one has made the informed and concious decision of using Daz Connect inside DS as their primary method of installing assets. If one uses DIM or manual installation, one should never, ever log in to Daz Studio.

You problem is probably that Daz Connect has installed an other copy of the files to an other location on your drives, and failed to do it properly (happens quite often)
    As a result, not even your DIM installed files are working as the Daz Connect installed ones take priority even when they are not working.

Start with setting the start up options for DS as in the attachment, then inside DS in 'Smart' content, uninstall everything, this does not remove the DIM installed files but only the Daz Connect installed ones.

StartUp.jpg
    522 x 244 - 14K