Custom G2F keeps crashing Daz

I was using G2F and creating my character as everyone does and some days ago G2F keep on crashing. I thought it was some morphs I recently got and that was the case, I think, doesn't crash when I load G2F default but now the custom character that I created still keeps crashing from time to time, not only that but it takes longer than G8F to load or any other heavily modified character that I have.

Most of the time it crashes is when I move her, be it posing or placing her in other places, it's a little weird, sometimes it takes long to crash and other it crashes right away. Anyone know anything about this? I have the crash report if that helps.

zip
zip
DAZStudio_error_report_230510-121941.zip

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,299

The faulting module is listed as DzFaceVertexIslandBuilder::getIsland which suggests a bad geometry in there somewhere. Are they are items with custom or modified geomettry in the problem files?

• LiphisbusLiphisbus Posts: 12

Hey Richard. I think so...? I used some morphs that are from Virt-A-Mate that uses Genesis 2 as their base, I used a tool called "VAM to Daz 2" to transfer some "unique" morphs that I saw from there to Daz. I saved the morphs and then used them, I'm only using 3 of them, 1 is 1.0 (100%) and the rest is 0.35/0.25, one of them is a independent full character and the other 2 with lower values are body morphs from the same person.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,181
    edited May 2023

I also use that plugin but haven't encountered any issue like this... Which morph splitter plugin did you use in VAM ?  1) After blending the converted morphs, export your custome G2F to obj and import back as a single dial, then see if that'll be okay or not... 2) If the issue still persists, try to use some VAM default characters to convert, see if you'll still have such an issue...

PS: attach your Ds log if possible...

Post edited by crosswind on

crosswind said:

I also use that plugin but haven't encountered any issue like this... Which morph splitter plugin did you use in VAM ?  1) After blending the converted morphs, export your custome G2F to obj and import back as a single dial, then see if that'll be okay or not... 2) If the issue still persists, try to use some VAM default characters to convert, see if you'll still have such an issue...

Not sure what you mean but I didn't use any plugins, I just transferred the full characters or "looks" that the people offered in there. I'II see if I can do the first one. Weird, I posted my crash log in the OP but it's gone, here you go if that's what you mean?

Liphisbus said:

crosswind said:

Not sure what you mean but I didn't use any plugins, I just transferred the full characters or "looks" that the people offered in there. I'II see if I can do the first one. Weird, I posted my crash log in the OP but it's gone, here you go if that's what you mean?

Not this log ~ Daz Studio menu, Help - Troubleshooting - View Log File...

Okay, you did not split Head and Body morph in VAM, but suggest you do so. On the page of Vam to Daz 2, the author gave the guidlines...

edited May 2023

crosswind said:

Okay, you did not split Head and Body morph in VAM, but suggest you do so. On the page of Vam to Daz 2, the author gave the guidlines...

Ah I see, I thought I didn't need because there was no problem exporting everything... So it fixes any problem it may have including head problems with neck? I'II see and take a look at it then. I exported and imported the morph back, when I load the morph the model translates back and the rigging stays in place (rigging adjust fixes it but the primary rig for G2F stays in place).

Post edited by Liphisbus on
    edited May 2023

Liphisbus said:

crosswind said:

Ah I see, I thought I didn't need because there was no problem exporting everything... So it fixes any problem it may have including head problems with neck? I'II see and take a look at it then. I exported and imported the morph back, when I load the morph the model translates back and the rigging stays in place (rigging adjust fixes it but the primary rig for G2F stays in place).

From the log, I could find your Ds 'crashed' for a couple of times.. it seems that each time after loading your figure, you just manipulated it for 2 - 3 minutes before crash... unfortunately Ds log recorded nothing the moment it crashed...
    So just try the above mentioned first... and yes, ceq3 MorphMergeAndSplit plugin fixed head/neck issue long time ago... As to the creation of single morph dial / adjust rigging to shape / ERC freeze etc., there're too many tutorials, just follow the steps correctly and see if that'll work or not...

Post edited by crosswind on
    edited July 2023

crosswind said:

From the log, I could find your Ds 'crashed' for a couple of times.. it seems that each time after loading your figure, you just manipulated it for 2 - 3 minutes before crash... unfortunately Ds log recorded nothing the moment it crashed...
    So just try the above mentioned first... and yes, ceq3 MorphMergeAndSplit plugin fixed head/neck issue long time ago... As to the creation of single morph dial / adjust rigging to shape / ERC freeze etc., there're too many tutorials, just follow the steps correctly and see if that'll work or not...

After testing for a while using the Morph Merge And Split, adjusting rigging and end points, the problem really seems to be on the mesh, rather than rigging, probably. One specific body morph always crashed for some reason, Daz was always saying something about DzMorphDeltas::clearVertCount... The other body morphs took some extra time to load but almost never crashed...

Well, I guess I just need to avoid that body morph for now then. Just so you know I was using the body morphs from My Little Ponies (17 Character Pack) on VAM Hub. I "converted" a lot of body morphs and none have done something like this so not sure what's happening, I would understand if I was using the head but I'm only using the body...

Post edited by Liphisbus on