Teeth issues with G8.1

Hello,

i have just exported my character as an obj (mainly to combine all of the morph dials in to one) but when i load it in with morph loader pro the teeth seem to have changed (see attachment (new single dial on left and original on right)). When i exported i turned off all HD morphs, set to base, set sub d to 0 and turned off Mouth realism HD. Could it be because i turned off Mouth realism? I was under the impression that all HD had to turned off when exporting.

Hope someone has an answer to this.

Thanks

Teeth example.jpg
621 x 412 - 60K

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,182
    edited May 2023

You did right... not necessary to set SubD to 0 since SubD has no effect or impact with Base Resolution Level. Is it a 8.1 figure? There're 2 Mouth Realism HD morphs on a 8.1.. Have you turned both of them off..?

Post edited by crosswind on
  • globallyglobally Posts: 122
    edited May 2023

crosswind said:

You did right... not necessary to set SubD to 0 since SubD has no effect or impact with Base Resolution Level. Is it a 8.1 figure? There're 2 Mouth Realism HD morphs on a 8.1.. Have you turned both of them off..?

Yeah i turned both 8 and 8.1 mouth realism off. What is best practice? both off? ive often had issues with the teeth and i never know what is best for exporting (most videos on creating morphs skip the part where you prep the model for export or they just set the model to base and thats it) If i did right can we explain why we see a difference between the two? the teeth look slightly stretched to me and maybe slightly deformed too.

Post edited by globally on
    edited May 2023

globally said:

crosswind said:

Yeah i turned both 8 and 8.1 mouth realism off. What is best practice? both off? ive often had issues with the teeth and i never know what is best for exporting (most videos on creating morphs skip the part where you prep the model for export or they just set the model to base and thats it) If i did right can we explain why we see a difference between the two? the teeth look slightly stretched to me and maybe slightly deformed too.

Hmm.. weird ~ You zeroed figure's shape before Morph Loading back, correct? You chose Restore or Zero? In other words, were those two Mouth Realism HD morphs restored?  Don't restore them, keep them Zeroed before loading back the morph...

After importing and dialing the morph, if you still need Mouth Realism, as per my exp, I suggest give 50% to each of them, even lower...

• globallyglobally Posts: 122

crosswind said:

globally said:

crosswind said:

Hmm.. weird ~ You zeroed figure's shape before Morph Loading back, correct? You chose Restore or Zero? In other words, were those two Mouth Realism HD morphs restored?  Don't restore them, keep them Zeroed before loading back the morph...

After importing and dialing the morph, if you still need Mouth Realism, as per my exp, I suggest give 50% to each of them, even lower...

oh that might be it then, i loaded the morph on to a fresh 8.1 female so the mouth realism was most likely dialed in. Interesting to hear what you say about how much mouth realism you use. i always thought 100% was best. ill have to take a look with lower values. Ill try loading my morph on to a 8.1 with no mouth realism and see if that is my issue. Thank you.

edited May 2023

oh that might be it then, i loaded the morph on to a fresh 8.1 female so the mouth realism was most likely dialed in. Interesting to hear what you say about how much mouth realism you use. i always thought 100% was best. ill have to take a look with lower values. Ill try loading my morph on to a 8.1 with no mouth realism and see if that is my issue. Thank you.

Okay, hope that'll work for you ~ As to the % of Realism, that's my preference since I always find 100% dials make the teeth and mouth cavity 'too real' or even ugly devil