Auto Metadata update upon startup (SOLVED)

plarffplarff Posts: 264

Hi All

It seems when i open DAZ app, now since updating to v3.21 it keeps doing auto Metadata update and always 1715 items. Can I stop this as it seems to slow down some functionality within daz.

metadata update.jpg
267 x 69 - 5K
Post edited by plarff on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

Are you using Connect to install content?

If not, you don't have to log into Daz Studio, and will avoid the meta data update.

• plarffplarff Posts: 264

felis said:

Are you using Connect to install content?

If not, you don't have to log into Daz Studio, and will avoid the meta data update.

HI Felix, i am logged into DAZ in the applications itself. I do get the annoying Postgr error upon startup also. But all content is available even without me having to start CMS.

As for Connect to install content I only have a Camera Presets folder inside my C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\content folder....

edited May 2023

Not sure if this will be helpfull

2023-05-06 13:35:58.841 [INFO] :: Updated metadata for 1 of 1715 items.2023-05-06 13:35:59.729 [INFO] :: Updated metadata for 2 of 1715 items.2023-05-06 13:36:00.381 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): boost::filesystem::create_directories: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect: "\\?\Z:data\cloud"2023-05-06 13:36:00.381 [INFO] :: Updated metadata for 3 of 1715 items.2023-05-06 13:36:00.585 [WARNING] :: A valid PostgreSQL CMS connection could not be established.  Several DAZ Studio features that require a valid PostgreSQL CMS connection, such as context aware content views and loading content installed using the Daz Connect service, will not be available.  Check your network, anti-virus, and firewall settings for conflicts.

Post edited by plarff on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,181
    edited May 2023

Press F2 in Ds, uncheck these boxes if you don't wanna login ~ I never login since lots of  'updated metadata' are wrong and they will overwrite the existing metadata that you've ever modified or corrected (if there was any), that'll be the most annoying thing...

As for cms warning msg, pls check : https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/632441/i-keep-getting-an-error-message-when-starting-daz-studio#latest

SNAG-2023-5-6-0013.png
    729 x 637 - 24K
    Post edited by crosswind on

Hi Crosswind, thx for info. I only login as i thought that is what one must do. I replied to you on the link supplied.

Hi all

I have resolved my Postgr & cms warning / metadata issue by moving all my DAZ assets into a folder and not leave it in Root directory on my NAS device. It's as if it doesn't like looking for the assets in root.

This fixed both PC issue's.