My Daz Studio Animation Demonstrations

DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,227

I've developed a way to greatly enhance the art of animating in Daz Studio just by using tools that Daz Studio Rocks at, so I thought I'd start a playlist for what I do this year since this is only the beginning.

What started as a need to learn Studio just because Linday produced hair that's perfect for our Hero turned into an absolute love for dForce, Iray and Daz Studio's really cool buildable interface.

I've already been pleased with using aniMate 2 and the Content Creation Tools [Edit: And Hexagon!]. That's what I used Studio for for ten years while I did everything else in Carrara 8.5 Pro, which is a Killer animation studio! Loves me my Carrara!!! Yes, I'm begging!!! Please bring me back into development!!! broken heart

Oh... but Studio!

Daz Studio freaking ROCKS!!! 

Software made for developing software. It's like when BioWare put out Neverwinter Nights with a fully blown toolset for creating your own games and hosting them online. Daz Studio comes with all of the tools to make, tweak, and pefect your mesh objects into a finished-product figure, as well as further develop it and make upgrades, add-ons and new versions of. It wasn't until Daz 3d released version 4.0 Pro... what???... it's... FREE???!!! Bought it right away! OMG!!! It comes with all of the CCTs built-in without extra freaking cost???!!! First thing I went for. 

Amazing how nicely the various automated tools work without any further adjustments. Amazing! And there are a Lot of them! 

So, just because we can't open Studio and pretend to work with animations like we do in traditional animation software Does Not Mean that we cannot animate in Daz Studio!

Like I said before, this is only the beginning - and even that, this is just bits and pieces of incomplete scenes, animations and test renders. There's so much that I'm not even showing yet!

My 2023 Daz Studio Animation Demos

These first two for the year are silent demonstrations that were tossed together to answer the question: "Can I Animate using Daz Studio?" with a "Yes", and also that dForce does work and is fun.

Cyberpunk

was a bit more substantial. This was an excercise in learning to composite in DaVinci Resolve, where I'm mostly practicing with Fusion.

For this one I actually made a pretty hard effort to get a lot done in a short time - time having been my biggest enemy to date, so it was a real challenge. Daz 3d PAs helped Big Time by making stuff that I could load n' render without much fuss. Thank You So Much!

The Magical Metal Bikini

is a different story altogether, and was mainly just tossed together to show some animation/simulation examples. In huge contrast, none of the orcs have the animation helping tools that I've made for Genesis 3, which really shows. My tools basically work a lot like using a graph editor, but completely non-destructive to the original animation data, so it's not only a bazillion times easier, faster and more convenient than the graph editor, it also has the ability to be a lot smother, since no key frames are being deleted from that motion data.

Anyways, most of these scenes wern't actually made to work together, but it's still a lot fo fun!

Digital Art Live!!!

I'm not new to DLA courses. Bought a few here. But I am new to the Studio - their forum!

I have the pleasure of being in the PD Howler Deep Dive right now. This is the last week. These two are some fun homework I did inspired by the new stuff I've learned. 

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,227

Special Thanks to Mindsong

for really helping me get going in All of this! His knowledge of VWD, and patience to help me learn it... just... Thanks Bud! Love ya!!!heart