Morph changing prop size proportion between initial and final position.

Hi, I created a door and imported it to DAZ. I could just use rotate to change its position between open and closed, but I decided to add a morph for it, and here's my problem.

Everything seems correct when the door is completely closed or completely open, but between these two points (semi-opened door), there is a deformation in the width of the door, making it narrower.

I tried to change some options in the Morph Loader Pro, but I didn't know what I was doing, and obviously, this did not solve the problem hehe.

How can I apply a morph to a prop just to control its position while always maintaining its original size proportions?

ps:If necessary, I can upload some images.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,305

Morphs just move the vertices from the base position (0) to their final position (100%) along a straight line, they are not suitable for non-linear motion. Using rotation, on the prop or turning it into a figure, is the only really practical solution. You can always relabel the slider to make it clear which is the one to use - click the gear icon on the slider and select PSettings; you can open the same dialogue for the other rotations ansd check the Hidden box to get them out of sight.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,502

What you need to do is to rig the door properly.

It's easier of your modeller outside DS can create groups of facets. In this case the door would be a 'Door' group and the frame would be called another name, if not, the groups can be created in DS but it usually takes longer. Then can I suggest you follow this tutorial: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/156776/how-to-rig-a-prop-cabinet-doors/p1. I have re-weitten that for myself and it's the process I follow with every rigged prop.

Regards,

Richard

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,182

Indeed~ Rigging is the right way other than using a morph on it. The thread above is a good guideline though it was 6 years ago~ yes Only it used TriAx, now using General Weight will be all fine...

• FExFOFExFO Posts: 5

Thanks guys for the information, you were a great help.