Question regarding sinking feet in an animation

Hi there all!

I'm trying to work on animating a little more and ran into an issue. I have a character that is about to attempt a squat with weights. The initial pose has her feet correct, but while she begins to lower herself down, the feet fall through the floor until she gets to the end pose. Is there a way to pin the feet down so they don't translate anywhere during the animation?

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,878

Honestly, the best answer is "don't animate in DS". I'd recommend giving Cascadeur a shot and/or using Blender or some other program with more fully-developed animation tools (and less viewport lag).

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,305

If the feet are correct in the key frames you probably need to adjust the interpolation - by default DS tries to have a smmoth motion through the keys, which can lead to overshooting between two identical keys.

• Richard Haseltine said:

If the feet are correct in the key frames you probably need to adjust the interpolation - by default DS tries to have a smmoth motion through the keys, which can lead to overshooting between two identical keys.

I'll look that up. I'm extremely uninformed when it comes to animating.

• 31415926543141592654 Posts: 975

Hmmm ... it has been awhile since I have done this, but you might also be able to lock the z-axis for the feet and prevent them from moving down.

Alternatively (and it might require some re-work since you did not do it at the start) is place the character in a 'group' and lock the group in place.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,182
    edited May 2023

Manually lock the feet or use this: https://www.daz3d.com/limbstick-for-genesis-3-+-8. , pretty accurate and quick~

Post edited by crosswind on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

If using premade animations, one can "fix" such problems by creating a group for the character and using the group to lift the character when the feet are sinking in to the floor.