Filament - HDRI's are not working, recent problem 4/2023

I'm having this issue on multiple machines and it just started.  HDRI environments no longer light up the scene, it is totally black, even from saved files.  If I remove the HDRI map and use "none" the scene lights up with the default map.  If I switch over to IRAY the scene lights up.  It will not under Filament.  Is anybody else running into this, and do you know how to fix it?

It doesn't work for any HDRI file, as soon as one is loaded the scene goes black unless you use point lights

Comments

• If anybody is using Filament and didn't just run into this problem could you let me know"?  I'm trying to figure out if it is something I did or a bug.  If I switch over to IRAY, the HDRI works.  In Filament it doesn't.  Up until about a week ago it did.

The only HDRI that works is the default one, as soon as a map is loaded the scene goes dark.  Any HDRI, including loading sets bought here.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

are you refreshing the scene by switching to a different draw style like unshaded?

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

Are you using a cam? Sometimes I have to go to the Perspective view when using a cam or lights in the scene filament would be so dark you can't see anything.  

• Tried changing the draw settings, no help.  Also tried using perspective view.

If I put one figure in the scene it is completely dark and renders complately dark.  If I add lights the background stays black but I can see the figure.

If I switch over to IRAY the HDRI shows up and lights the scene even with the drawstyle of Filament (PBR). 

The only change I made was to move all the libraries to the network drive for all three machines so they could share the same libraries.  There may be something to do with that but if IRAY can see the HDRI I don't know why Filament can't, particularly when it used to.

If I remove the HDRI and go with DAZ delault "None" map it works correctly, the HDRI lights up the Filament scene.

Something has to have changed, I just can't figure out what, and I almost always use HDRI with Filament, it's loads easier than setting up a bunch of point lights and since I am doing comics with it it makes it really quick to make pictures for them.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

test it by moving one back

it could be Filament reads files differently as it certainly takes up to a minute to load a different HDR for me if it's not on my C drive (depending on which of my 5 it's on)

also has to be 2:1 WH ratio

• I figured it out with the unlikely help of a Riversoft product that stopped working.  If you are using network drives for your content libraries they need to be mapped.  DAZ sometimes can't find the data folder otherwise, I have no idea what else it might break.

Anyway, mapping the network drive to a drive letter, then updating content manager fixed the problem.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,182
    edited May 2023

Same issue but resulted from different reasons enlightened

Post edited by crosswind on
  • Did you get it resolved?