Geoshell not fitting??

Hi

I was working on a piece, using v8. Positioned her, tweeked her form out. Went to use the geoshell for Long Wet Hair with dForce for Genesis 8

Its a great shell and have been wanting to work with it again. So I applied the geoshell for "Wet Skin GeoShell". I noticed it seemed to not apply to sections. So I rendered and sure enough, there are "poke through" on some areas. I tried to select the geoshell and correct it but it doesnt seem to have morphs for fitting if there is poke through.

How do I fix this? Its not even on higher peeks of her body that the issue is showing (Such as buttocks etc) Its the waist, part of her back, spots on her arms, etc.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Comments

• The geometry Shell is a duplicate of the base mesh in its current state, so poke-through should not be possible (and so you cannot adjust the shape, beyond a push modifier). Generally a Geometry Shell will have a Push Modifier aplied, so try adjusting its mesh offset value and see if that helps.

• Richard Haseltine said:

The geometry Shell is a duplicate of the base mesh in its current state, so poke-through should not be possible (and so you cannot adjust the shape, beyond a push modifier). Generally a Geometry Shell will have a Push Modifier aplied, so try adjusting its mesh offset value and see if that helps.

That is what I thought. I hit the render button(as I had only used test renders prior) and it had looked ok. But upon the larger size, it was clear there was poke through. So I went in and tried to fix it.

How do I alter the "push modifier"?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,878

Is there any displacement on the figure? I suspect that could push a figure's geometry through a geoshell at render time. 

• Gordig said:

Is there any displacement on the figure? I suspect that could push a figure's geometry through a geoshell at render time. 

No. She is just a "dial spun" character. No custom morphs.
    Base v8. Not even a special skin package as I knew it was a shot from the rear and the "wet" map would be on her.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,182
    edited April 2023

DarkElegance said:

Gordig said:

Base v8. Not even a special skin package as I knew it was a shot from the rear and the "wet" map would be on her.

I've just tested it and haven't seen any poke-thru or problem. Can you post a screenshot?

Make sure you apply the correct Geoshell for V8 since there‘re 2 geoshells in this Long Wet Hair product - G8F and G8M. Load the shell for G8F...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,305
    edited April 2023

DarkElegance said:

Gordig said:

Displacement is a surface property, not a morph, and may be on the shell or on the base figure.

Is the figure move away from the load position? If so that may cause issues due to rounding errors.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • DarkEleganceDarkElegance Posts: 356
    edited April 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

DarkElegance said:

Gordig said:

Displacement is a surface property, not a morph, and may be on the shell or on the base figure.

Is the figure move away from the load position? If so that may cause issues due to rounding errors.

I know "dial spinning" has nothing to do with the displacement. I noted that to ensure that it was not a unsupported morph. The displacement was addressed by stating she is the bog standard v8 "out of the box" as they say. The same figure I used in my koi image(diff character morph). I used the "wet geoshell" on that figure too. No issue.

its this particularly one that for some reason, its not showing on areas.

(Now I have blacked out her buttocks, to fit in with the no nudity rule. But with that said, needless to say her buttocks are not "wet" either.
    the "Blank areas" that show shiny but not the "wet", when rendered, are just that, no water effect on them.
    Bog standard V8 map "out of the box".
    Not too far from "load point" maybe two three squares?

No special skin additions(except the geoshell)

The product did work on the "koi" figure. which was Xia character morph and skin on her.

I double checked to make sure it was the correct shell(as before I accidentally loaded the sand one)
    I double checked it was just the V8 and not a v8.1
    I made sure it was for V8 and not M8

Looking at her lower hand, I had thought a UV issue as it looks like the fingers (of the geoshell) are going the wrong way, but her raised hand is fine...

(Image removed by mod for nudity. Please crop the image to only illustrate the issue)

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • crosswind said:

DarkElegance said:

Gordig said:

I've just tested it and haven't seen any poke-thru or problem. Can you post a screenshot?

Make sure you apply the correct Geoshell for V8 since there‘re 2 geoshells in this Long Wet Hair product - G8F and G8M. Load the shell for G8F...

Hi,

I posted the screen shot above in the other post.
    I have used the geoshell before and it worked fine. It just seems this particular piece. I cant figure if it is the pose, the figure or what.

I made sure to double check that it was a v8 and not v8.1 I loaded.
    I made sure it was the female geoshell, etc.

I cant figure it out.

edited April 2023

OK~ It looks like a UV problem. First pls check the UV Set on Geoshell's surfaces... see if it's correct? Should be 'G8F Uniform UV'

This is the wrong one, more likely as same as your screenshot...

(Image removed by mod for nudity)

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • crosswind said:

OK~ It looks like a UV problem. First pls check the UV Set on Geoshell's surfaces... see if it's correct? Should be 'G8F Uniform UV'

This is the wrong one, more likely as same as your screenshot...

(Image removed by mod for nudity)

That did it!

I am curious, if both figures are v8, why did it apply on the Xia character ok but not the bog standard v8? *with one click*?

Also, how do I prevent it in the future from doing this?

and more importantly

THANK YOU!

That did it!

I am curious, if both figures are v8, why did it apply on the Xia character ok but not the bog standard v8? *with one click*?

Also, how do I prevent it in the future from doing this?

and more importantly

THANK YOU!

What I used for testing was just standard V8, nothing was wrong. And I checked the code in geoshell duf file, there's no error in terms of setting UV Set.

So pls give it more tries ~