problem with the "new" log file of daz 4.21

i finally update my old daz 4.11 to the 4.21 but i see a "problem" with the log file.

in the 4.11, and older version, when we launch an iray rendering we saw the texture consumption of our scene in the history windows, but it's no more avaible in the new daz 4.21.

it was very useful for the old computer, to check if our scene or asset was to big for the graphique card. but now we can't and we need to wait (or listening the fan of the card) to know if she's used or not by the rendering.

would there be a way or a script to bring back the old log process ?

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

kerabera said:

would there be a way or a script to bring back the old log process ?

Nope, Nvidia removed the information in some version soon after 4.15.0.2. One of the reasons I haven't updated to newer versions.

• keraberakerabera Posts: 125

oh ok :(

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,030

Would the pane 'Scene Info' help you?

• keraberakerabera Posts: 125

no, the "scene info" just say the number of verticles, polygon etc, but not the amount of Gigaoctets that the texture will be take in the ram.

i have a geforce gtx960 with only 4Go ram so this info was very useful during the launch of the rendering process.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,030

I have an iMac from 2012 with an Nvidia 660 card and I had tried Daz Studio on it at first in 2016, but by 2017 had to give it up when Nvidia stopped supporting that card. Switched to Win 10 computers with 1080 and 1080Ti on them, now have a MacBook Pro M1 and textures are a concern for me. The MBP loves to crash, the last update to the Beta means constant crashes now. I have to save constantly and reboot frequently now. At least with Win 10 I can keep an eye on my use with Task Manager. Not perfect but all I have.