Trying to run DAZ3D on my macbook pro m1 max - is a joke.

I've been wrestling with this for months, giving up and trying again periodically - to install. CMS Postgresql errors and no clear solution to be found.

I give up. One of these days DAZ, when you get serious about supporting MacOS I'll try again. For now, sticking with Blender, Poser, Cinema 4D, Vue, and others for any 3D needs on the Mac.

Comments

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,844
    edited April 2023

JoelLovell said:

I've been wrestling with this for months, giving up and trying again periodically - to install. CMS Postgresql errors and no clear solution to be found.

I give up. One of these days DAZ, when you get serious about supporting MacOS I'll try again. For now, sticking with Blender, Poser, Cinema 4D, Vue, and others for any 3D needs on the Mac.

I am not sure exactly what you have tried, but I know this has solved the PostgreSQL Connection Error issue for other MAC Users:

Step 1:
    https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/207812393-PostgreSQL-Connection-Error-and-No-Smart-Content
    (Be sure that at Step 7 to match the port to the one in the image and then double check the directory just above it to be sure your "Cluster Directory" is set to the PostgreSQL folder)

Step 2:

For Mac:
    Use the Finder "Go to Folder" Command (Shift+Command+G) and browse to ~/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/cms
    or if you want/need to enter it in the terminal you need to escape spaces like ~/Library/Application\ Support/DAZ\ 3D/cms (To find the file this way you will need to disable "hide system files" or whatever your MAC version calls this option)

(PLEASE NOTE: ~ means {From Home directory})

That should take you to the folder where you will find the PostgreSQL Configuration file (cmscfg.json)
    Open cmscfg.json in a text editor and make sure the values in the file match what is showing under Preferences - CMS Settings in DS. If it is not, then change the Preference Settings within DS to match and then close Daz Studio and restart your computer. 
    Once restarted, go back to Preferences - CMS Settings in Daz Studio and be sure the settings still match the cmscfg.json file. If they do not, please put in a ticket with Technical Support here: https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

What the text in the file looks like:

{
        "Port" : 1024,
        "DatabaseClusterPath" : "C:/Users/Richard/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/cms"
    }

PLEASE NOTE: Do not edit this text file for any reason. Only use it as reference to check the settings within Daz Studio

Hopefully that helps if you want to give it one more go. If not, can you show a video or screen capture of exactly where you are running into an issue?

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • PadonePadone Posts: 3,610
    edited May 2023

I'm just wondering why you people find it normal that these errors exist and the users have to fix them. Isn't it what the daz developers are supposed to do ? In my opinion what Joel does is much more sane, daz studio doesn't work so he doesn't use it, untill daz will fix it.

Anyway just to let you know, with diffeomorphic you can use the daz libraries without the need for daz studio. You just need blender to load directly from the daz libraries.

https://diffeomorphic.blogspot.com/

Post edited by Padone on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,030

DAZ_ann0314 said:

JoelLovell said:

I am not sure exactly what you have tried, but I know this has solved the PostgreSQL Connection Error issue for other MAC Users:

Step 1:
    https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/207812393-PostgreSQL-Connection-Error-and-No-Smart-Content
    (Be sure that at Step 7 to match the port to the one in the image and then double check the directory just above it to be sure your "Cluster Directory" is set to the PostgreSQL folder)

Step 2:

For Mac:
    Use the Finder "Go to Folder" Command (Shift+Command+G) and browse to ~/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/cms
    or if you want/need to enter it in the terminal you need to escape spaces like ~/Library/Application\ Support/DAZ\ 3D/cms (To find the file this way you will need to disable "hide system files" or whatever your MAC version calls this option)

(PLEASE NOTE: ~ means {From Home directory})

That should take you to the folder where you will find the PostgreSQL Configuration file (cmscfg.json)
    Open cmscfg.json in a text editor and make sure the values in the file match what is showing under Preferences - CMS Settings in DS. If it is not, then change the Preference Settings within DS to match and then close Daz Studio and restart your computer. 
    Once restarted, go back to Preferences - CMS Settings in Daz Studio and be sure the settings still match the cmscfg.json file. If they do not, please put in a ticket with Technical Support here: https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

What the text in the file looks like:

{
        "Port" : 1024,
        "DatabaseClusterPath" : "C:/Users/Richard/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/cms"
    }

PLEASE NOTE: Do not edit this text file for any reason. Only use it as reference to check the settings within Daz Studio

Hopefully that helps if you want to give it one more go. If not, can you show a video or screen capture of exactly where you are running into an issue?

I have been having an issue with my MacBook Pro M1 since the last update and I took your instructions and found that my cmscfg.json file is missing the port reference. I have an open ticket for help with Tech Support for eight days, and I have added to it with this information and the crash reports. Thank you for pointing me to this, it might help them, help me.

Mary