I don't see DAZ Studio 4.21.0.5 after installed or open it.

I always manually download everything from DAZ.  I manually downloaded DAZ 4.21.0.5 and I get "DAZStudio_4.21.0.5_Win64.exe isn't commonly downloaded.  Make sure you trust DAZStudio_4.21.0.5_Win64.exe before you open it.".  I cant open the file.  I even tried downloading and installing it in DIM.  It downloaded and it says it's installed, but I still have 4.20.0.2 open with my load3d character I've been working on.  I don't even have an icon on my desktop anymore.  How can I fix this?

Comments

• Mixing install methods can be problematic. try uninstalling DS from the Apps list first, to clear out the manual version, then try reinstalling through DIM. The applications may not be in the same folder, in which case your previous shortcut or association may be pointing to the older version.

• BoorsmanBoorsman Posts: 249
    edited April 2023

I got it to download using another browser.  Now I get an error message when I run the installer, saying theres some error with running the uninstaller for the version of DAZ Studio I currently have.  My question is, if I uninstall the version of DAZ Studio I have by going into my programs folder, will that delete all my content?  I'd hate to lose it.

Post edited by Boorsman on
  • No, it would not touch content or settings (as long as you hadn't tried isntalling content to the application folder) - plug-ins and some shaders do go to the application folder, however. However, I don't think deleting the application files will stop the complaint about uninstalling, since the uninstaller is not there either.

• BoorsmanBoorsman Posts: 249
    I finally got it installed. I had to Uninstall the version of DIM I had and install the new version. I was then able to install the current version of DAZ Studio. Now it works perfectly. Thank you, Richard.