Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Pose Converter: Can't Go from G8 to G3

AbrahamRockwellAbrahamRockwell Posts: 116

As the discussion title says, I've been trying to use the Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Pose Converter by Zev0 to convert G8 poses to G3 (which it is supposed to be able to do): https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-to-genesis-8-pose-converter

It easily and quickly converts G3 poses to G8 without any problem, but I've  tried the reverse and let it run for over an hour with no progress (just to see if it eventually would work).

So, anybody have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Post edited by AbrahamRockwell on

Comments

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,798

I don't have this product, but according to the readme there's a separate folder with the 8-to-3 stuff in it: /Scripts/Genesis 8 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter/

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,502
    edited April 2023

Can I offer a quick & dirty alternative? It'll require you to do a little text editing and download DavidGB's 'G3 G8 Pose Adjust Scripts' from Renderosity. His page is here: https://www.renderosity.com/users/DavidGB/freestuff

In the 'G3F G8F Pose Adjust - Full.dsa' script, look for 4 lines like the one below:

oZRotCtrl.setValue( nZRot + 6 );

The four are lines number 12, 16, 20 and 24. Inside the bracket, change the red highlighted sign to the opposite sign (eg a + to a - and vice versa).

Save the script as 'G8F G3F Pose Adjust - Full.dsa'

Now, apply the correct pose to your G3 character. The arms & legs will be a bit wrong. Now run your new 'G8F G3F Pose Adjust - Full.dsa' script after selecting the G3 character, and the arms & legs will be corrected. No need to go through all the G8 scripts & pre-convert them to G3 scripts.

Hope this helps

Richard

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • Thanks for the answers, all.

In my own 'scripts' folder, there is a box that says "Gen 8 to Gen 3 Convert" (or something close without opening it now).  I'll look for another folder, though.

I'll check out the other solution as well, although my skill at modifiying the actual text of scripts is non-existant, I'm afraid.

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 595

AbrahamRockwell said:

Thanks for the answers, all.

In my own 'scripts' folder, there is a box that says "Gen 8 to Gen 3 Convert" (or something close without opening it now).  I'll look for another folder, though.

I'll check out the other solution as well, although my skill at modifiying the actual text of scripts is non-existant, I'm afraid.

I bought Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Pose Converter two weeks ago but had not begun to explore it yet, so your post was the perfect catalyst for me to do that.

In my explorations, I proceeded tentatively so as not to overwrite any pose files although I do download the product zip files for everything that I purchase.  I made a copy on my desktop of a folder with a set of 20 Genesis 7 male poses, but Pose Converter wouldn’t do anything with those files.  I got error message when I finally closed the converter after several minutes.  I then tried to convert just two poses in the copied folder but Pose Converter was still unhappy.  So, I finally used a single G3M pose directly from my pose library and Pose Converter converted it from G3M to G8M in about a second.  I then tried a reverse conversion with a single G8M pose and Pose Converter converted it from G8M to G3M also in about a second.  Both files applied nicely to the intended character.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,502
    edited April 2023

AbrahamRockwell said:

...I'll check out the other solution as well, although my skill at modifiying the actual text of scripts is non-existant, I'm afraid.

I do hope you'll try it. It's just two plusses you need to change to minuses and two minuses to plusses. I've stated all the points that need changing. Just can't distribute the revised script as it's not my copyright.. 

Regards,

Richard

ETA: I've also PM'd DavidGB on Renderosity to see if he'd be kind enough to produce another copy of his script to do just this job.

Post edited by richardandtracy on