Trouble with Generation 3 and clothing

lorimorningstarlorimorningstar Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I have DAZ Studio 4.5, running on Windows 7/64-bit.

I just purchased the V3 New Generation 2005 (version 2). When I try to load it I get the message: "Cannot find a file for: '/Runtime/Geometries/DAZPeople/blMiWom_v3.obj'."

There was no .obj file included in the zip file (V3-New Gen2.cr2, V3-New Gen2.rsr). Does this mean I need the V3 base model for the V3 New Gen 2 to work?

I purchased Victoria's Historic Gowns, and Victoria's Historic Gowns Mappak thinking I could maybe-kinda-sort of make them fit V5 or Genesis, but it's been a frustrating no-go. So-o-o-o ... I bought the V3 New Gen 2.

Also, I purchased the 19th Century Suit Pack for Michael 3.0 and 19th Century Dandy. I'm assuming I need to buy M3 - but which one - M3 Base, V3 & M3 Shapes for Genesis, or M3 Reduced Res? This is all very confusing.

I feel like I've been on a wild goose chase (and spending a lot of $$) tyring to find the right models and clothing. I don't want to purchase anything else until I know it's the one I need and it will work.

Any help regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated!

screenshot2.jpg
524 x 143 - 48K

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

It looks as though you have bought what amounts to being a Morph pack for V3, you would need to have V3 already installed to sue it i think. You can get a refund by writing to support using the Help > Contact Us button.

V3 is a completely different figure to V4, which in turn is completely different to Genesis. V3 clthing can be made to fit V4 or Genesis using Crossdresser or Wardrobe Wizard, or even by buying the V3 iconic shape for Geneisi, then the Autofit plugin will have a clone to work from, otherwise it is no go.

The suit pack for M3 is the same as above.

Unless you have been here for a long time, and understand the basic versions of the models, then you would need to ask on the forums before purchasing anything to keep you right.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If you do wish to use V3, you can get it for free legitimately here: http://download.cnet.com/Poser-DAZStudio-3D-Models-Pack/3000-6677_4-10579249.html

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I had forgotten about that link Mike, thanks.

The pack contains Victoria 3.0, Michael 3.0, Aiko 3.0, and Hiro 3.0, so a good start for Gen 3 figures.

• lorimorningstarlorimorningstar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

What a relief! Thanks Mike and Jimmy. I actually went ahead and purchased the V3 and M3 Shapes for Genesis and it worked great, although I had to perform a "Fit to" for each clothing piece. But I'm very happy with the results!