I am worried about reinstalling Daz 3D

I think my copy of Daz 3D 4.21 has some broken elements in it. It keeps freezing and I have to do a total restart of the computer to get rid of the frozen elements. Even task manager cannot help. The problem I face is that I am worried that I will lose all of my fine tuning of the program and all of my menu items in a reinstall. Has anyone done this and survived fully intact? Perhaps doing a reinstall will also solve my previous problem that the daz bridge to Photoshop no longer works. I would appreciate any advice on this matter.

Comments

• reinstalling will not touch useer settings, for good or ill. What do you mean by frozen elements? Whata re your system specifications, and the GPU driver version? What security software are you using?

• I have a Dell XPS 8940 with 64 gigs of RAM. I have a 5TB ssd drive which holds my C and D drive and big honkin' portable drives attached.

I have Windows 11 home and Daz 4.21.

On the graphics side, I have an onboard NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060 SUPER

For security I use Norton 360 and  ExpressVPN.

When I say frozen elements, I mean when I am working with DAZ, it will suddenly freeze> I cannot save, cannot close the program. I even try killing it with Task Manager and nothing happens. The only thing I can do is a cold boot. This does not happen to any other program onmmy computer.

• And otherwise the computer goes on working?

• My problems with Daz have become several. First it freezes with no warning and now, I cannot used the Photoshop bridge, which is the mainstay of my work. I keep getting the message "Unableto Updatescene from Daz Studio" No other program is having problems.