Trouble Installing Daz on New Machine

Hi I just got my new computer setup and I was trying to install Daz on it, but DIM won't download anything and keeps giving me this error in the log on anything I try to install including the Daz app itself. I'm using Norton Anti-Virus too so hopefully someone knows some trick or setting to switch to get it working.

2023-04-21 22:49:07.483 [WARNING] :: SSL Error: 11 - The issuer certificate of a locally looked up certificate could not be found2023-04-21 22:49:07.483 [WARNING] :: Network Error:  : SSL handshake failed

Comments

• Is this a freshly downloaded copy of Install Manager? Are you getting the UAC prompt when you try to install the application (Do you want to allow Daz DIM helper to make chnages to this machine)?

• It is a freshly installed DIM, yes. And no that warning doesn't come up when I start the Daz Install Manager.

• What are your User Account Control Settings (type UAC into the search box in Settings)? It's a slider.

• edited April 2023

It's set to "Don't notify me when I make changes to Windows settings."

000.PNG
    735 x 543 - 19K
    Post edited by truckin237_162704de04 on
  • OK, that should work - having the slider right at the bottom can cause issues.

It's not on a clean computer of course, but I have Norton and it doesn't seem to cause any Daz-related issues for me.

Sadly I'm not sure what to suggest beyon those - if no one else comes in with a suggestion you may just need to open a ticket.

• Luckily I was able to manually install Daz. I used some tips my buddy helped me with. It's not perfect, but it will do for now. All you do is go in your product library and look up: Daz Studio 4.x Prow then you click on the product there's a list of downloads at the bottom of the page, Daz Studio DAZStudio_4.21.0.5_Win64.exe then click Download zip (or Win32 if you have the 32 bit version of Windows and not 64). It worked for me. Hopefully if anyone gets stuck this will help them too.