Embedding morphs in Duff File ( 2 of the worst nuisances in daz for me)

1 - Might be related to my illiteracy and that's the issue of fireflies in Iray render. They always creep in even if i use the light coming with the set with vendors like DM. I shall be fixing or changing a lot o things in the post work but not something like this. Especially when they appear in some complicated geometric design on ancient monument sort of situation. I have lit up the scene upto the point i can bear but still they appear (so bad for the dark inside me, and what's the point in having those beautiful lights if you can't render a dark and gloomy scene).

Well 1 is pretty much due to my illetracy. Setting Noise Degrain filtering to 3 in Render settings (it's hidden by default) and Noise Degrain Radius to 5 as suggested in the forum did the magic and solved the firefly issues in my initial testing without any noticeable loss. I still stick with my point 2 (for personal use daz should offera solution to move the morph to some duf/inj file , and save us from the nightmare of putting back the required files)

2 (The question)  it's also one of the reason for morph id collissions angry

This is about Daz choise regarding preloading or reading figure morphs, so as your library grow genesis figures start loading in centuries. Can be useful for someone creating a face etc. where he has all morphs available and can be doing stuff on it. But what about  1 gazillion other cases where someone want a simple render. Riversoft or someone did create a utility that basically change name of the morphs to avoid loading which is sort of dirty hack. I didn't buy it because i have already done the heavy lifting of taking all morphs out of the system in similar structure and puts only those i need.  But it's still not a good hack.

So after this whole [rigmarole] actual question

Is there a simple way I can embed the morphs in the duf files (like good old days of Inj files). I did saw an example in some character by Rhiannon i bought from renderosity (Genesis 2 character) but the issue was I couldn't take it out. So i had to remove that figure and reload. So any form of Inj/rem pose possible (with morph embeded). The question is regarding all figures. I mean let's say I trace victoria 8 face morph and embed it in my pose file and remove it from data folder and it will appear as Victoria 8 and when reset it to 0 its effect zeroed out.

Best regards .and thanks a lot if your were patient enough to read till this point wink

Post edited by ssaqibalitipu_627e275e4d on

Comments

• edited April 2023

Can daz rewrote this part with option of lazy loading the morphs. Like they scan the whole directory structure once to get the morphs data. From then on they can have some watcher on the figure morph folders for newly added/updated or removed morphs. and based on these show the morphs and actually load the morph when it's set.

If the time taken is due to creating what they used to call Channels i believe for morph target injection then I am not sure if there is a simple solution. Besides these things are sort of rocket science for me (not a 3d guy in true sense)

If none of this can't be done then please please please have a system where vendors get their Id's approved by daz so at least we get rid of those property not found or same ID bugs.

Post edited by ssaqibalitipu_627e275e4d on
  • Inj/Rem require pre-defined channels for the morph, just as the current native morph system does. The morphs were not enbedded in the saved files (which would not be desirable as it would then be impossible to share scenes under the license terms).

A lot of work has in fact been done to improve loading times, especially when there are issues (for me Duplicate Formula clashes now have no perceptible impact on load time) - try the beta to see this.

One option is to install morphs to one or more additional content directories, then hook up only the ones you need for a given session (you can save content directory sets to make that quick).

• Richard Haseltine said:

Inj/Rem require pre-defined channels for the morph, just as the current native morph system does. The morphs were not enbedded in the saved files (which would not be desirable as it would then be impossible to share scenes under the license terms).

A lot of work has in fact been done to improve loading times, especially when there are issues (for me Duplicate Formula clashes now have no perceptible impact on load time) - try the beta to see this.

One option is to install morphs to one or more additional content directories, then hook up only the ones you need for a given session (you can save content directory sets to make that quick).

Thanks for giving a pretty understandable licensing reason. Yes I am running multiple runtimes... Plus i extract character morphs from the directory and place those in similar structure and place only what i need for the moment, and it works pretty good and fast (though still a dirty hack). I do appreciate the performance improvements Daz has been doing and yes i have been playing with beta for some time. Although I still wisth Daz would have done some more work on either Filament or some new open source real time renderer. I know it's not a mundane task, esp when daz is giving away this wonderful piece of software for free.  But that's their business model and that's what keeps the clock ticking ;). 

• ssaqibalitipu_627e275e4d said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Inj/Rem require pre-defined channels for the morph, just as the current native morph system does. The morphs were not enbedded in the saved files (which would not be desirable as it would then be impossible to share scenes under the license terms).

Thanks for giving a pretty understandable licensing reason. Yes I am running multiple runtimes... Plus i extract character morphs from the directory and place those in similar structure and place only what i need for the moment, and it works pretty good and fast (though still a dirty hack). I do appreciate the performance improvements Daz has been doing and yes i have been playing with beta for some time. Although I still wisth Daz would have done some more work on either Filament or some new open source real time renderer. I know it's not a mundane task, esp when daz is giving away this wonderful piece of software for free.  But that's their business model and that's what keeps the clock ticking ;). 

As I understand it the issue with Filament on mac was one of Qt version, DS 5 will be built on a newer version of the Qt framework and will have parity with respect to Filament.