When I tried to save a shaping preset, there's no hip node.

Hi! I'm trying to save head preset and body preset separately to make separate sliders, I mean head and body, not both at the same time. Gotta save the head node under the hip node and the one under the actor node, right? But when I do it, I don't have hip node then. But it do has hip node on the object area right side, so strange, what should I do?

I mean, it changed when I only exported the node actor/.../head, but it wasn't shaping correctly. And of course with not selecting hip/.../head, when I save the body, then reload it, both the body and head change. I think it has to do with I didn't save the objects under the hip node.
What should I do? I really don't know where I did wrong.

999.jpg
485 x 469 - 29K
1000.jpg
366 x 409 - 20K

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,247
    edited April 2023

toplyz233 said:

Hi! I'm trying to save head preset and body preset separately to make separate sliders, I mean head and body, not both at the same time. Gotta save the head node under the hip node and the one under the actor node, right? But when I do it, I don't have hip node then. But it do has hip node on the object area right side, so strange, what should I do?

I mean, it changed when I only exported the node actor/.../head, but it wasn't shaping correctly. And of course with not selecting hip/.../head, when I save the body, then reload it, both the body and head change. I think it has to do with I didn't save the objects under the hip node.

Whoa. Before saving a shaping preset, first save the morph! Make the head morph, save it. Make the body morph, save it. [File > Save as > ... morphs assets]

Then dial the 2 in, and make a complete character morph as a Controller [be sure to reverse deformations], and save that.

Then clear the scene, load the figure, dial in your new morph(s) and save the shaping presets. Uncheck all to start with, then have it select only that which was changed. Open the drop down selections and make sure only what you desired to be included is.

{and consider "not" compressing the file -- makes reading it later on much easier}

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • Morphs are all under Actor, depending on which you used it may not be possible to separate head and body shapes.

• toplyz233toplyz233 Posts: 11

Catherine3678ab said:

toplyz233 said:

Whoa. Before saving a shaping preset, first save the morph! Make the head morph, save it. Make the body morph, save it. [File > Save as > ... morphs assets]

Then dial the 2 in, and make a complete character morph as a Controller [be sure to reverse deformations], and save that.

Then clear the scene, load the figure, dial in your new morph(s) and save the shaping presets. Uncheck all to start with, then have it select only that which was changed. Open the drop down selections and make sure only what you desired to be included is.

{and consider "not" compressing the file -- makes reading it later on much easier}

It worked! Thanks! Wow!!

• You're very welcome :-)