Help with Hair questions also a Q about smart content?

Octavia MoonOctavia Moon Posts: 45
edited December 1969 in New Users

This doesn't just apply to hair (I think) but I have some Gypsy Love Hair - there are 2 types one has morphs to change the style and the other doesn't. Since I prefer the bangs longer and the tail with more volume I am using the one with morphs (I think it's a hair prop). However, even if I parent it to the genesis figure, it doesn't move if I change the pose on Genesis. I'm really new to Daz so may just be missing something obvious, but I've noticed this same thing with some shoes. It seems if you don't use auto-fit - which seems to make the morphs disappear - then you have to manually change the position of the object....any help would be greatly appreciated....

On another note I notice recently when I open my Smart Content Tab all the presets etc that are available to me are FEMALE - so Mike 5 doesn't show and nor does any of his content - is this because Genesis is basically a female or have I inadvertently clicked a button somewhere?

Cheers

Octavia

Getting there slowly :)

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I can't find Gypsy Love Hair in the store, just Gypsy Hair, is that it?

How are you parenting the hair? If you drag the Hair in the Scene tab, and drop it onto the characters head, also in the Scene tab, then it will move wherever the head moves to. The same applies to shoes.

I don;t know about M5 or the Smart Contnet tab as I donl;t use either, I will let somone else try to answer that on.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I get M5 in my Smart Content under People. If you do not it's more than likely it's installed wrong. I don't know your set up, the M5 package must be installed into the same location as your base Genesis file. For me that was the Standard My Library folder. All shapes and characters must be installed to the genesis folder to work.

• Octavia MoonOctavia Moon Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

Thanks for both your replies...

The Gypsy Love Hair is in the Renderosity store....I bought another hair from the same maker and that one seems fine - it's nicer anyway....but it would be nice to know why the first one didn't pose along with the figure.

When I first installed DS 4 all the Male content was there....To be honest it's probably just me clicking things and then looking for other things without realising I've clicked something else...if you get me :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2012

With the Gypsy love hair you have 2 different items. THere is a conforming hair to fit the gen 4 figures and a hair prop for genesis. Not sure how you deal with hair props in DS, but I am sure someone can tell you.

Post edited by Chohole on