DIM can't install daz studio and PostgreSQL CMS HEEEEELP :C (solved)

gokgokgok222gokgokgok222 Posts: 10

I have tried many methods to solve this problem that DIM has when I want to install Daz Studio and PostgreSQL CMS and I have not been able to solve anything and every time I start DIM, I get this error message that I think is the cause of everything:

2023-04-19 05:41:21.542 [INFO] :: Starting CMS... 2023-04-19 05:41:21.542 [INFO] :: Error connecting to CMS - Client cannot start it.

PLEASE, someone help me solve it.

Here are other error messages I found:

2023-04-19 05:18:00.604 [INFO] :: Installation: 18869-2 : PostgreSQL CMS (Win 64-bit) 2023-04-19 05:19:03.867 [WARNING] :: Process killed 2023-04-19 05:19:03.867 [WARNING] :: QProcess: Destroyed while process is still running. 2023-04-19 05:19:03.868 [WARNING] :: Installation Error: PostgreSQL CMS (Win 64-bit)

and

2023-04-19 05:13:45.049 [WARNING] :: Error opening package - Error opening underlying device: The system cannot find the specified path: C:/Users/Public/Documents/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/Downloads/

23/4/2023

THANK GOD, EVERYTHING HAS BEEN SOLVED. I downloaded the Daz Studio exe here https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_13176 and all the problems I had with DIM were solved. Now, every time I open it, the log tells me "Connected to CMS: PostgreSQL 9.3.4, compiled by Visual C++ build 1600, 64-bit." Thank you very much, anyway, to the users who took the time to respond to me, and I hope I didn't waste their time ^_^;

Post edited by gokgokgok222 on

Comments

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

I am not an expert, but can you uninstall the DIM you have and download a new copy? Is it possible the copy you have got corrupted during the download?

I hope others see this and offer other advice that may be more helpful.

Mary

• memcneil70 said:

I am not an expert, but can you uninstall the DIM you have and download a new copy? Is it possible the copy you have got corrupted during the download?

I have downloaded, uninstalled and re-downloaded another copy, and still I always get that same ""dzInstall.ini" error and this one "Error connecting to CMS. Cannot be started by client." I'm starting to lose hope :c, I have tried everything to solve this error, but something I somehow managed to do, was to download some of the content that was included in the download in daz central, but when downloading Daz studio and postgresql the download stays at 89% and the "install" button appears again, the same happens when I try to re-download daz studio and postgresql in DIM.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,233
    edited April 2023

gokgokgok222 said:

(I don't know English very well and I'm using a translator, so please excuse me if some words didn't translate well >-<)

I have tried many methods to solve this problem that DIM has when I want to install daz studio and PostgreSQL CMS and I have not been able to solve anything and every time I start dim I get this error that I think is the cause of everything: 

2023-04-19 05:41:21.542 [INFO] :: Starting CMS...
    2023-04-19 05:41:21.542 [INFO] :: Error connecting to CMS - Cannot be started by client.

PLEASE, someone help me to solve it.

I will post other errors I found:

2023-04-19 05:18:00.604 [INFO] :: Installing: 18869-2 : PostgreSQL CMS (Win 64-bit)
    2023-04-19 05:19:03.867 [WARNING] :: Killed Process 
    2023-04-19 05:19:03.867 [WARNING] :: QProcess: Destroyed while process is still running.
    2023-04-19 05:19:03.868 [WARNING] :: Install Failed: PostgreSQL CMS (Win 64-bit)

and

2023-04-19 05:13:45.049 [WARNING] :: Open Package Failed - Error opening underlying device: System cannot find specified path: C:/Users/Public/Documents/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/Downloads/

Is the core Isolation on in the Windows settings? Do you have a custom install settings?

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  • gokgokgok222 said:

memcneil70 said:

I have downloaded, uninstalled and re-downloaded another copy, and still I always get that same ""dzInstall.ini" error and this one "Error connecting to CMS. Cannot be started by client." I'm starting to lose hope :c, I have tried everything to solve this error, but something I somehow managed to do, was to download some of the content that was included in the download in daz central, but when downloading Daz studio and postgresql the download stays at 89% and the "install" button appears again, the same happens when I try to re-download daz studio and postgresql in DIM.

The dzinstall message is not an error, it is expected behaviour if you have not used the stand-alone installers.

• AgitatedRiot said:

gokgokgok222 said:

(I don't know English very well and I'm using a translator, so please excuse me if some words didn't translate well >-<)

I have tried many methods to solve this problem that DIM has when I want to install daz studio and PostgreSQL CMS and I have not been able to solve anything and every time I start dim I get this error that I think is the cause of everything: 

2023-04-19 05:41:21.542 [INFO] :: Starting CMS...
    2023-04-19 05:41:21.542 [INFO] :: Error connecting to CMS - Cannot be started by client.

PLEASE, someone help me to solve it.

I will post other errors I found:

2023-04-19 05:18:00.604 [INFO] :: Installing: 18869-2 : PostgreSQL CMS (Win 64-bit)
    2023-04-19 05:19:03.867 [WARNING] :: Killed Process 
    2023-04-19 05:19:03.867 [WARNING] :: QProcess: Destroyed while process is still running.
    2023-04-19 05:19:03.868 [WARNING] :: Install Failed: PostgreSQL CMS (Win 64-bit)

and

2023-04-19 05:13:45.049 [WARNING] :: Open Package Failed - Error opening underlying device: System cannot find specified path: C:/Users/Public/Documents/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/Downloads/

Is the core Isolation on in the Windows settings? Do you have a custom install settings?

I went to see if I had core isolation on, but all I got was a message saying "standard hadware security not supported". I previously did a custom install to see if it would fix the problem, but it didn't work, so I deleted everything and reinstalled dim with the default paths and still had the same problem.

• Richard Haseltine said:

gokgokgok222 said:

memcneil70 said:

The dzinstall message is not an error, it is expected behaviour if you have not used the stand-alone installers.

Excuse my misinformation, but what are stand-alone installers?

• gokgokgok222 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

gokgokgok222 said:

memcneil70 said:

There is an option, though not one that should be mixed with using Install Manager, to download an installer and run it directly instead of using the install manager application. That uses dzinstall.ini to store the places to which it installed the applications, so the install managers look to see if that exists and if it does they use it to find the application. It is better not to mix stand-alone installers like these and DIM or Daz Central.

gokgokgok222 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

gokgokgok222 said:

memcneil70 said:

There is an option, though not one that should be mixed with using Install Manager, to download an installer and run it directly instead of using the install manager application. That uses dzinstall.ini to store the places to which it installed the applications, so the install managers look to see if that exists and if it does they use it to find the application. It is better not to mix stand-alone installers like these and DIM or Daz Central.

How can I directly download Daz Studio without using Daz Manager or Daz Central? I have a vague memory of downloading Daz Studio directly from the Daz website, but I can't find anything similar on the website or maybe I'm just bad at searching for it

• gokgokgok222 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

gokgokgok222 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

gokgokgok222 said:

memcneil70 said:

How can I directly download Daz Studio without using Daz Manager or Daz Central? I have a vague memory of downloading Daz Studio directly from the Daz website, but I can't find anything similar on the website or maybe I'm just bad at searching for it

As I said, it is not recommended. It is especially likely to eb a bad idea when the existing install method is causing issues.

I remember when everything from Daz was executable. They fill out the add-and-remove programs tremendously.

gokgokgok222 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

gokgokgok222 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

gokgokgok222 said:

memcneil70 said:

As I said, it is not recommended. It is especially likely to eb a bad idea when the existing install method is causing issues.

So, there's no solution to this problem? I'm really desperate, I don't know what else to do to solve it.

• AgitatedRiot said:

I remember when everything from Daz was executable. They fill out the add-and-remove programs tremendously.

Maybe it has nothing to do with what you said, but I remember having downloaded directly from the official site an .exe that allowed me to install Daz Studio without Daz Central or DIM. I don't know if it's still available, but I think that had solved this same problem.

You said that you deleted Daz, did you delete everything? There are some hidden folders containing information about Daz. I don't install the defaults if you did, did you delete C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D? If you have done this have you run a reg cleaner to remove all file entries for Daz from your registry? 

• gokgokgok222 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

gokgokgok222 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

gokgokgok222 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

gokgokgok222 said:

memcneil70 said:

So, there's no solution to this problem? I'm really desperate, I don't know what else to do to solve it.

All I am saying is that the message about dzinstall.ini is not important and can be ignored. It is information on context, not an error that needs resolving.

• AgitatedRiot said:

You said that you deleted Daz, did you delete everything? There are some hidden folders containing information about Daz. I don't install the defaults if you did, did you delete C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D? If you have done this have you run a reg cleaner to remove all file entries for Daz from your registry? 

Yes, every time I uninstalled DIM and Daz, I deleted all the remaining folders and used Revo Uninstaller to uninstall it, which removes all the files and registry entries left behind by the program's uninstaller or the Windows uninstall function.

Like Richard, I am not worried about the daz.ini error. Someone with more talent than I have to help you with PostgreSQL CMS. I'm wondering if an antivirus program might be causing it. Are you running an antivirus program. Anti-Virus software scans the PostgreSQL server data folder, which could cause the PostgreSQL data tables to corrupt notice this is just PostgreSql, I don't know if this is what is going on. I don't know if this affects Daz PostgreSQL CMS. Someone?

• AgitatedRiot said:

Like Richard, I am not worried about the daz.ini error. Someone with more talent than I have to help you with PostgreSQL CMS. I'm wondering if an antivirus program might be causing it. Are you running an antivirus program. Anti-Virus software scans the PostgreSQL server data folder, which could cause the PostgreSQL data tables to corrupt notice this is just PostgreSql, I don't know if this is what is going on. I don't know if this affects Daz PostgreSQL CMS. Someone?

I only have Windows Defender, ¿could Windows Defender have blocked the download of PostgreSQL and Daz Studio? Although I don't think so, Windows Defender would alert me if there was a problem. 

gokgokgok222 said:

AgitatedRiot said:

I only have Windows Defender, ¿could Windows Defender have blocked the download of PostgreSQL and Daz Studio? Although I don't think so, Windows Defender would alert me if there was a problem. 

Nope. 

• AgitatedRiot said:

gokgokgok222 said:

AgitatedRiot said:

Nope. 

Should I deactivate Windows Defender when installing Postgre and Daz? 

edited April 2023

Nope. It doesn't cause harm to the files. Just some antiviruses.

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  • kamastormkamastorm Posts: 0

I have the exact same problem as the OP.  At the top of this topic, there is a status that says "SOLVED."

I've read through this entire thread and don't see where it has been solved anywhere.  Please advise...

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,893

Well, the solution for the first poster is given in their edit of the first post, though as discussed further down the thread this should not be necessary and isn't the best way to install. But how "exactly the same" is your issue, what is you oeprating system, what security software are you running, what do the DIM and DIMHelper logs say, are you getting a UAC prompt (or Mac equivalent) from DIM when trying to install applications>?