Iray Light rendering not working anymore even after reinstall

So, I have the following problem: I used DAZ Studio for 2 days, and it worked well. When I was testing out the lighting, everything worked well too (see pictures 1 and 2). In picture 1, there was no light, and in picture 2, there was a normal distant light placed a bit further away. It was rendered in Iray with nothing changed in the settings, no other light on the map, dome and scene used as normal.

Then I installed Octane rendering, didn't like it, and uninstalled it. Here comes the problem: when I use Iray rendering now, the light simply won't register, only after setting lumen flux to something like 150k, and even then it looks bad. In the Aux viewport, you can see how it would normally be, but the render just doesn't show anything with the light as it would before. If I use other render engines, it works; however, Iray just doesn't.

I reinstalled everything, deleted all settings, and even deleted everything in the registry editor. Yet the problem remains the same. As seen in pictures 3 and 4, placing a light now does nothing anymore except placing the global lightning in the scene. What can I do so the light in Iray render appears as it would in pictures 1 and 2? It worked without any lumen tinkering; it just worked like that. Notice how in picture 4, the light should come from the left side of her face but comes from the right side, as seen in the Aux viewport.

The light settings now given by default to the lights are useless; the ambient light is now a thousand times stronger, or the lights are a thousand times weaker than ambient light. Now, I know that I can try to change the settings until I get something, but originally it looked good just by placing a single light and changing nothing else, and I'd like to return to the state of pictures 1 and 2. Could anyone please help me with that?

1.png
1000 x 1300 - 2M
2.png
1000 x 1300 - 2M
3.png
740 x 1110 - 716K
4.png
740 x 1110 - 766K
aux viewport.JPG
1511 x 877 - 136K

Comments

• What is the Environment Mode set to in the Render Settings pane (assuming the scene has an Environment Settings node)?