strange black stuff on eye

lachilachi Posts: 80

Can somebody tell me what this is and how to get rid of it, thanks in advance.

Edit: After closer inspection it looks like that part of the eye is invisible but how?

eye.png
129 x 127 - 35K
Post edited by lachi on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

You are not providing much information.

Which eye is it; what have you done?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,845

Open the Render Settings pane. Select the Editor tab. Select Optimization section. Change Instancing Optimization to a different choice. It is the action of changing the selection that causes Daz Studio Iray to recalculate some internal settings. It is not Speed or Memory that is "better" is is changing to setting to the other one. If that doesn't fix it, you need to give more details about the issue, as felis said.

Screenshot 2023-04-15 124615.png
    613 x 519 - 61K
  • lachilachi Posts: 80
    edited April 2023

barbult said:

Open the Render Settings pane. Select the Editor tab. Select Optimization section. Change Instancing Optimization to a different choice. It is the action of changing the selection that causes Daz Studio Iray to recalculate some internal settings. It is not Speed or Memory that is "better" is is changing to setting to the other one. If that doesn't fix it, you need to give more details about the issue, as felis said.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try it.

The problem is I don't know what information I should give.
    I have a G81 male as scene subset and when I add this subset into a new scene everything is fine. But I did several poses and used camera magic to remember each pose on each camera. At some point something must have gone wrong but I did not notice it until now, so it could have happened any time.
    So what more information should I give?

Edit:
    I have restarted Daz Studio and then tried your suggestion and now it is fine. Not sure if I only had to restart or if the recalculation fixed it. 
    But Daz Studio seems quite instable as I have experienced other occasions where stuff just stopped working, for example D-Former seems to stop working when I accidentally "undo" the loading of the scene and then re-do it. I have to load the scene again to make the D-Former work again

eye fixed.png
    643 x 432 - 528K
    Post edited by lachi on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,845

Good that it is OK for your now. One of the things that causes the black eye marks is when a character is placed far from the world origin (0,0,0). The recalculation helps with that issue.

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,610

This specific issue depends on the object position and forcing the recalculation can't work in animation. In general I agree that daz studio and iray are unstable and unsuitable for production, for this and many other reasons. This is why personally I export to blender and work there.