Seeking Solution to Gen 4 Posing Problem in 4.21

Good morning! I stil use an extensive library of characters, poses, clothing and the like made for the Daz Generation 4 (V4 and M4) figures. However, starting with Daz Studio 4.15, these figures will jitter and lose the poses on the arms and legs when transitioned along the x and z axis. I don't mean go back to "T" pose; I mean collars, shoulders, and thighs will move up and down, requiring re-posing. This happens on both Mac and a newer Windows system and I currently use Daz Studio 4.21. Has any one else experienced or reproduced this problem, or have any suggestions to mitigate it? Thanks!

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

So, if you pose e.g. V4 in a pose at the origin, and you then move her around (along X and Z), her pose will change?

• Is this true in the current versions? I thought the issue had been fixed - you could use the public Build (Beta) to check if you want to keep an older version of the General Release.

• @felis : that is exactly what happens. 
    @Richard Haseltine : I could try your suggestion, I suppose, but as I said above, I first noticed this problem in version 4.15. I would like to continue experimenting with Genesis 9 as well, if possible. If this is a known issue, should I go ahead and put in a ticket?

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

I have tried loading V4 in the latest beta, selecting a random pose at world origin, and moved her around. That didn't change her pose.

It might be it is a known error that have been fixed. And if that is the case I don't see what you would hope to gain by opening a ticket?!

• @felis Thank you for trying to trying to reproduce the error. I'll see what I can do.

• I just finished going through the comments in the Daz Studio forum on the new public beta. I think I'll hold off until the problems are ironed out. Besides, this glitch doesn't seem to easily reproducible, the only advice I've gotten is "oh yeah, this was already fixed, but try the beta" and I doubt those in charge are going to make changes for twenty year old figure. I will manage.