Migrating DAZ Studio assets from an existing drive to a new external drive

Hey all, I'm hoping someone can help me with this, since I'm the type who will try it on my own and royally mess it up.  So, what I'm looking to do is move all my Environment assets from their existing location on an internal drive, to a new external drive.  I'm running out of space on my existing internal drive.  Can anyone give me a step by step rundown of how to go about this?  Thanks.

Comments

• How do you install your content?

• Phantom11Phantom11 Posts: 32

I usually use DAZ Central for items I buy on the DAZ website, but I do manual installs for all other content. 

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189
    edited April 2023

Are your manual installed items in the same library as that from Daz Central?

Essentially you can copy (move) your libraries to a new location, and then edit the library path in Daz Studio Edit > Preferences > Content > Content Directory Manager.

Then it should work in Daz Studio.

But to get new installation to get to your new location, you must change it in your installer. I don't know if you in Daz Central can set a custom path. In DIM you can.

And to get Daz Central / DIM to know where the current content is installed, it uses the manifest files. So it would be best to update the paths in all the manifest files to the new path. Notepad++ can help with that.

Post edited by felis on

Okay; I think I understand.  I just re-installed DIM to make sure I have a current version.  The only thing I'm not sure about are the "manifest files"; as in where they can be accessed...

• The manifest files will be in the folder set in the Install Manager advanced settings.

Thanks, guys.  I'll give it a shot!

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

Will this method preserve your Conent Library Folders? I have spent a lot of time on them and would hate to lose the structure I have spent so long to create.